Motomaster Formula 1 TC-W3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, I got Motomaster Formula 1 TC-W3 2-Stroke Outboard Oil for $4.99 / Quart at Canadian Tire today and was wondering who bottles/blends it up here in Eastern Canada for CT.

I am hoping it is Shell, as I really like how Shell Nautilus TC-W3 smooths the idle out on my 2010 Honda Fit.

I have a passenger side wiper arm that is very long, and I can see it jiggle and shake a lot, and when I add a TC-W3 as an upper cylinder lube it makes it lay completely still with no vibration anymore, so I know it helps make it idle smoother.

Thanks guys, I'm happy with this deal! I bought 2 quarts so it will last a long time at 2 oz per tank of gas.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
How could 2oz in 10 or more gallons of gas do anything?
Have you not read any of the other posts on members using outboard oil ? falken is not the only one noticing these results, there are hundreds of posts on this. come on man you have over 8000 posts of your own. Falken i think it is a shell product

Last edited:
This is the site that started the buzz, the guy who really put thought into it is Sarge.

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f48/been-testing-91206/

I really hope to start using Amsoil TC-W3 in the future, but I think I have nailed my source for cheap Shell TC-W3 in Motomaster Formula 1.

Amsoil is 15$ a quart and the Shell is 5$ a quart.

A lot of members love the Amsoil the most, but the only word of caution that I have read in regards to Walmart Supertech TC-W3 is it smells really bad and makes it unfriendly to use, but works the same.

I find it really helps if you do heavy city driving to bring the fuel use down.

Another odd thing I have noticed and never heard anyone mention is it allows your car to crank very smooth and fast when you are first starting the car. So I guess you can add less starter wear and less amps drained from your battery to the massive list of small benefits of using TC-W3 in your car.

Thanks for the reply hemitom!

Edit: I forgot to mention, this is a common feeling of doubt, "How can 2oz per 10 Gal be enough to make a difference?". The way I look at it, if you can imagine filling the bottom of a bathtub with ten 1 Gal jugs of milk that are filled with water, then you add 2oz. of Dawn dish soap, would the concentration be enough to clean your body? I think you'd have a lot of suds to deal with, and enough cleaning power to wash a month's worth of dishes lol. So 600:1 is significant, at least enough to help out noticeably.

Last edited:
Just got a 5L Jug of Motomaster Formula 1 TC-W3 2-Stroke Outboard Oil, found the jug format at a CT in NDG for approx. $20 on sale.

Very happy! I have enough TC-W3 for a long time now. I did notice that using 2 ounces per tank that it does get used up fairly quick. And I don't feel bad as it saves a bit of gas so it repays itself in fuel economy gains.

Running a fuel treatment every tank costs a lot more and none of them except PEA work.

Originally Posted By: Falken

A lot of members love the Amsoil the most, but the only word of caution that I have read in regards to Walmart Supertech TC-W3 is it smells really bad and makes it unfriendly to use, but works the same.

Yeah, it does smell bad. But I walked into Walmart one day, and they had the Pennzoil brand Sarge listed. So I bought that instead. (sure, it's more expensive, but smells alot better.)

When I use Shell Nautilus it is absolutely odorless, even when transferring it from a quart bottle to an old Gumout Regane bottle.

Seriously, this stuff, 2oz a tank, makes it seem like the car isn't even running it is that smooth.

I plan on sticking to 2oz per tank on my Fit. Anyone have any luck increasing the amount of TC-W3?

Originally Posted By: hemitom
Originally Posted By: Chris142
How could 2oz in 10 or more gallons of gas do anything?
Have you not read any of the other posts on members using outboard oil ? falken is not the only one noticing these results, there are hundreds of posts on this. come on man you have over 8000 posts of your own. Falken i think it is a shell product
Ya well it just sounds too good to be true
grin.gif
Guess I will have to try it for myself.

I run TC-W3 in my diesel for injection pump lube but I run it around 1oz/gallon or 128:1 give or take.

I just noticed today that I don't hear my fuel pump squelch when I key-on for 3 seconds to pressurize the fuel rail.

Now, when i key on, it is silent. I guess it really is lubing the fuel pump well.

On the Fit the fuel tank is under the front seats, so it is really audible when the car is off. The 2T oil silenced it.

In all honesty it does sound to good to be true until you try it. I have been using it for years, never noticed any mpg improvements, but idle is smoother in all the cars i run it in ,and quieted down a noisey fuel pump in my old dakota. So there is a benefit to using it as a top end lube. Spark plugs have always come out clean and carbon free never had any injector issue's and pass smog tests with no problems.

I have a passenger side wiper arm that is very long, and I can see it jiggle and shake a lot, and when I add a TC-W3 as an upper cylinder lube it makes it lay completely still with no vibration anymore, so I know it helps make it idle smoother.

Gotta love the hardcore scientific standards at play here.

Originally Posted By: RiceCake

Gotta love the hardcore scientific standards at play here.

That empirical evidence IS hardcore scientific evidence.
What is unfactual about it?

Hey, I went to school for this stuff lol.

It is a special wiper arm that I can back probe with a scope. My next car it should come up on live data
smile.gif

But, you are right RiceCake.

It isn't scientific at all. I just love the idea of helping the car run better when I am forced to have so much ethanol in our gas.

Try some out! Let us know how it works out in your car!

I actually have in my car but I was far more brazen then you with the application; I threw 16oz in a 16 gallon tank on each fillup for about 4 fills.

I won't deny there's likely a placebo effect of feeling the engine being smoother, but I can at least say in my car that careful testing for MPG revealed nothing. Its within the noise floor.

But its nice to know it keeps things oily. Again, hugely suspect thinking, but I felt the car started better in winter.

When I use Shell Nautilus it is absolutely odorless, even when transferring it from a quart bottle to an old Gumout Regane bottle.

Seriously, this stuff, 2oz a tank, makes it seem like the car isn't even running it is that smooth.

I plan on sticking to 2oz per tank on my Fit. Anyone have any luck increasing the amount of TC-W3?

I've tried tc-w3 in various concentrations over the years in my OPE since our crew has many identical air compressors I can test one against another using various products in the fuel and in the oil.
In the thousands of hours these air compressors run for over a period of months I timed the length on time a tank of fuel lasted on treated fuel vs untreated fuel,then tested treated fuel against fuel with a stronger concentration of additive etc.
I found 1 ounce per 5 gallons is enough to see a slight fuel consumption decrease however the biggest thing that was noticed was ease of pull starting in the morning after the equipment sat all night. The treated fuel compressors always started easier.
Now any more than 3 ounces per 5 gallons actually consumed more fuel than no treatment and fouled a plug within a single Jerry can useage cycle,so yes you can overdo it.
I also found that at idle the equipment was far more smooth and when transitioning from idle to full power when pumping air into the tanks the engines with treated fuel sounded smoother accelerating.
I've also tested Lucas,acetone,toluene and xylene and any other fuel and oil additives. And have had years on the sites observing what works well and what doesn't do anything.
Tc-w3 does benefit an engine when used at 1 ounce per 5 gallons. Any more tan that didn't show any improvement in my experience.
I hope rice cake was being sarcastic with the whole 16 ounces in his fuel comment. Any rational thinking person has to know better than to seriously consider doing that to their fuel.

Thanks for the info guys, I love TC-W3... You can drive a bit more aggressively and the engine loves the extra lube.

Decent fuel economy seems a bit easier to attain with this stuff.

I may try 3 ounces in my Fit and see if it makes a bit more difference, a 1-tank test. I'll post to let you guys know if it helped.

I used to browse this forum a lot and recently found vibration in my 2010' 335i, and I poured some motomaster into the fuel tank, and I myself was surprised with the results. I would never believe that fuel cleaner can do anything, but it did help in this case. No more annoying vibration in the morning start. Believe me or not, this particular cleaner never did anything noticeable on my previous cars !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back