New Ammo Tax for 2013?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
Originally Posted By: salesrep
Illinois ( another super Dem majority state ) is talking ammo tax as well, plus a registration tax on all new purchases, a five year tax thingy.........on and on. Additionally the manufactures are gonna get hit with more regulations and taxes.
Hoarders gonna hoard, government buying up zillions of rounds, 2nd amendment advocates gonna buy...

No way ammo prices will go down below previous levels and may sky rocket.

According to the current batch in Springfield, the solution for *every* problem in Illinois is higher taxes...
They RELISH taxing folks to make them do "the right thing".

Originally Posted By: VicVinegar
Is there a go to resource out there to read up on reloading?

You can find a lot of good information about reloading ammo on YouTube and if you ask at a local gun store they can get you in contract with some people who reload in your area.

I have been reloading for over 40 years and enjoy it.

I am going to learn the reloading art from my father in law pretty soon here. Will hopefully cut down on costs a bit.

Originally Posted By: SrDriver
Reloading even at today's prices of supplies still cut down the cost per round.

A progressive reloader like the those offered by Dillon (the 550) and others allow reloading a box of 50 rounds in just a few minutes. Several hundred can be reloaded in an evening.

Cost per round is even lower if you use hard cast bullets for range use.

You will find that you end up shooting a lot more so you really don't save a lot of money but get a lot more range time in.

I've started to look into this and the only problem is that the dies are all out of stock - like everything else!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back