2013 Mazda CX-5, ammsoil?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TBJ

2.0 L skyactive engine, currently using whatever my dealer is putting in which is Petro Canada oil. Would the O.E. version of the ammsoil behave similiarly for cold starts in extreme cold weather as the signature series?

Here you have Mazda's recommendation from japanese manual for SkyActive engines.

olejegjpojemnoci.jpg

olejegj.png

Doesnt Mazda have a really good 0w-20 syn? If so, Id probably be running that with the dealer doing the changes to ensure warranty.

Agree again, Pablo.

TBJ, Amsoil would do fine in your application. You could probably hunt around for something with "better" cold start specifications, but I wouldn't worry about that too much. For what it's worth, the Petro-Canada Supreme Synthetic 0w-20 is almost impossible to beat in cold cranking conditions. Looking at the spec sheets, though, the Amsoil has very similar specifications across the board; they look close enough to be virtually identical.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Doesnt Mazda have a really good 0w-20 syn? If so, Id probably be running that with the dealer doing the changes to ensure warranty.

Good luck with that. Here in the Portland (Oregon) area, I have tried to get Mazda 0W-20 GF-5 (made by Idemitsu) without success. For instance, at Royal Moore Mazda in Hillsboro, I went to the parts department and asked for Mazda 0W-20 GF-5.

"We don't stock it."

"Do you know when you will get it in?"

"We have never heard of it."

"It's made for Mazda, and has a Mazda part number . . ."

"Don't tell us. We are not interested. Good bye."

Originally Posted By: Garak
Agree again, Pablo.

TBJ, Amsoil would do fine in your application. You could probably hunt around for something with "better" cold start specifications, but I wouldn't worry about that too much. For what it's worth, the Petro-Canada Supreme Synthetic 0w-20 is almost impossible to beat in cold cranking conditions. Looking at the spec sheets, though, the Amsoil has very similar specifications across the board; they look close enough to be virtually identical.
wink.gif

Thank you, this is the answer I was hoping to hear
smile.gif

No problem. I was surprised myself. I certainly know that Amsoil is good oil, but I was surprised at the cold specs of their 0w-20. They're absolutely nothing to sneeze at.

Talk to Pablo if you need a distributor. Otherwise, it's sold retail at Peavey Mart, with a reasonably good selection in grades, at least here, and acceptable pricing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back