A-RX + other additive OK?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on what people are saying about Auto-RX, I thought I'd try it on a '91 MB 300 SE I'm trying to get back on the road after sitting for 3+ years.

The oil in it is new as I dumped the old oil out before I started it for the first time. New NAPA Gold filter as well.

Before I found theis super forum, I didn't know about A-RX, (or much about oil in general), so In addition to putting in new oil, I added a qt of Rislone to the engine @ the suggestion of some other folks I know.

Here's the question. Can I use A-RX with the new oil if it has Rislone in it, or will the A-RX only work with straight oil? I'm looking to clean the engine as I don't know the oil history and I want to use a good synthetic in in when I'm done.

The new oil has 0 (zero) road-miles on it as the car is still garaged. I have had it running from time-to-time for maybe 60 minutes total.

Auto-Rx will clean out the Rislone (it's solvent based) Auto-Rx works in clean mode with any oil synthetic or non synthetic.Please visit web site.

Thanks, thats what I thought. I did check the site, but I didn't see anything specific about that...I just wanted to make sure.

Anyway, I have 2 bottles on the way, and I look forward to seeing what it can do.
smile.gif

I have a similar dilemma. I have 2k miles on oil that I have been adding LC to. Id like to throw the ARX in, but I decided to just wait and do it alone, it is not cheap, so I wouldnt want to dilute its effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back