Wix XP series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: dnewton3
I have emailed them about this topic, but as much as I contact them and don't get a response, I must be on the "ignore" list ...

The WIX XP is on my "ignore to buy list" with a beta of B2=20 ... regardless if it's a typo at this point or not.
smile.gif

A manufacturer and seller of products shouldn't be sloppy with the technical data the consumer looks at to purchase their products.

Yeah - I hear you.

I used to be a fervent lover of Wix. But their lame answers and careless data posting over the last few years have made me less a fan. It's not that I think their products arent' worthwhile; it's that they are not doing what it takes to earn my business loyalty.

With the better offerings from others nowdays, and my general realization that filtration is subservient to other things in overall wear, I'm just about a Classic or M/C buyer for the future, unless I come across a screaming deal on something.

Last edited:
I think some of it depends on what the OEM states.

For example, most equipment OEMs state FCI with OCI. But there are some exceptions such as some Honda (motorcycles for example) and my Galant, which specifically state to FCI every other OCI, if conditions are normal.

If the filter in question is a high-capacity product (synthetic depth media with high particulate holding capacity, then I'd say it's no issue whatsoever.

I ran a white Classic for my 10k mile dino OCI in my Villager recently, and the insolubles were fine, the engine didn't coke up, and when I cut it open, nothing out of the ordinary was present.

I don't think a clean engine, that runs clean, really presents much of a challenge to today's filters. The lube add-pack does a nice job of keeping the particulate loadin small enough, and the engines run clean enough, that capacity isn't an over-reaching issues normally.

I am in the process of putting my money where my mouth is too. I'm on the front end of my intended 15k mile OCI in the van, on dino ST oil and a M/C filter. Time will tell how foolish or favorable this will turn out.

Running an OCI or FCI past the OEM recommendations isn't inherrently wrong. But it is silly to do so without using tools to track the progerss and recognize problems as they might develop.

I have no issue whatsoever using a high-capacity synthetic media filter for 2x the stated FCI. Heck - I've done it with "normal" filters.

Last edited:
the engine didn't coke up, and when I cut it open, nothing out of the ordinary was present.
You cut your engine open??? Man, I knew you were hard-core, but...

Originally Posted By: RF Overlord
the engine didn't coke up, and when I cut it open, nothing out of the ordinary was present.

That is so politically incorrect.
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
Originally Posted By: RF Overlord

That is so politically incorrect.
lol.gif

Yeah .... I clearly got ahead of myself in that post ....
I was speaking of the Classic I cut open; the engine is fine!
grin2.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back