New 710 oil additive from Rislone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone try this yet? I've seen it for sale at Autozone. The rislone FAQ sheet claims that its safe to use in winter weather. That's always

Quote:
Rislone Oil Treatment is a high-viscosity formula developed for older and higher mileage engines to increase oil film thickness, building a thicker oil cushion and increasing oil pressure in worn engines.

* Cushions and coats engine parts to reduce friction and wear by preventing metal-to-metal contact between moving parts giving your vehicle longer engine life.
* Increased oil pressure equals increased power and a quieter running engine.
* Improved high-performance formula performs better in both hot and cold weather.
* Works with all gasoline and diesel engines using conventional, high mileage and synthetic oil.
*Use on any 4, 6 and 8 cylinder Car, Truck, Van or SUV

Gee, this stuff is exactly like the Hastings "Motor Honey" and STP that I used to sell as a pump jockey back in the early 60's
35.gif

I have a can of this that I'm getting ready to try instead of Lucas Oil Stabilizer...(Thanks to this forum) Any comments or analysis of this additive. Couldn't find anything except this thread from the search.

ionbeam22, i use it in an 84' Buick I have, and it produces excellent results, on a 151,000 mile car. I fly up hills and blow the doors off newer vehicles. Excellent lubrication with 15W40 motor oil. I always buy 2 cans and put both in with 4 quarts of oil, and it works awesome. Excellent compression increase.

I didn't see what car you have, but I imagine since the treatment itself is safe to use with both oil types and any grade, it's worth adding a can at each oil change, and see what YOU think.

Oh and thirdly, I use it year round, My car fires right up at below zero temps, and I also use thicker oil. My car loves this year round, no issues with it turning that super thick winter oil! I think it must do something to help it move in the winter. I love this oil treatment, and I've used others like BG MOA and Motor Honey, and this particular 28 year old car loves this Rislone 710 oil treatment.

Something unrelated, In the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre, there is a cool Rislone sticker on the back window of the pickup truck at the beginning of the film, by the crazy guy with the beer bottle on the ground. Rislone has been around forever, so there's a reason for that too. I don't use any thin additives like the regular Rislone oil treatment in this car, because of it's age. Only thick oil and thick treatments. You can liken the body of this additive to Motor Honey, with a slippery type of gel added. Hope all this helps you make a decision, because the best additives aren't always the most expensive ones, except when you are talking BG 44k of course, which is legendary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back