Tire Kingdom experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
My local Tire Kingdom dealer has new management and a new attitude.

While getting an alignment on one of my trucks the new manager politely mentioned that since my tires were well worn he could get me some new ones. I reminded him that I buy online as the price is so much better. He asked if he could compete for our business, something they never did before.

I left with 4 new Michelin LTX MS2 10 ply rated E tires in 245/75/16 for 800 bucks out the door, and he threw in the alignment for 30 bucks!

A terrific deal!!! I don't know why their biz changed but that was at least as good as I could get online.

Tire Kingdom here in my area always try to up sell on all their services to the point of being annoying.

Good for you that they gave you a great deal.

Thats great! It makes me happy to hear businesses are finally being run the way they should be. Talk about a great customer experience. More businesses should be like that.

Tire Kingdom is part of the TBC Corp. (formerly Tire & Battery Corp.), a large tire importer, wholesaler, and retailer, including Midas and other auto service outlets. TBC is a subsidiary of Sumitomo.

More than 1200 auto service centers in the TBC family

The TBC Retail Group® includes NTB®, Merchant's Tire and Auto Centers®, and Big O Tire® stores. Together, there are more than 1200 locations in 41 states, plus Washington DC, Alberta & British Columbia, Canada. Your store agreements and warranties are accepted at all of them.

Founded at a Farmer's Market in 1972, Tire Kingdom rapidly outgrew its West Palm Beach location and now operates throughout Florida as well as NC, SC, LA, GA, VT and NH. Tire Kingdom's auto service centers offer quality name-brand tires and comprehensive automotive services.
http://www.tirekingdom.com/tires/About-us.j

http://www.tbccorp.com/companies.asp

It is good to see that they are aggressive about pricing.

Lol at the King Chuck commercials we had to stomach down here in the 80's..
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
My local Tire Kingdom dealer has new management and a new attitude.

While getting an alignment on one of my trucks the new manager politely mentioned that since my tires were well worn he could get me some new ones. I reminded him that I buy online as the price is so much better. He asked if he could compete for our business, something they never did before.

I left with 4 new Michelin LTX MS2 10 ply rated E tires in 245/75/16 for 800 bucks out the door, and he threw in the alignment for 30 bucks!

A terrific deal!!! I don't know why their biz changed but that was at least as good as I could get online.

That would never happen in a million years in my neck of the woods..Unfortunately all T.K'S and all the other tire stores [down here] only know how to gouge you.

All Tire Kingdom managers [as well as all the other tire stores] in Miami-Dade and Broward County all belong in Florida State Prison in Starke Florida for what they did in the past and for what they are going to do to each customer when they walk in the door.

If a really good manager does take over [in my neck of the woods] he will be fired very quickly and be replaced by someone who will upsell big time.

I get all my tires from Costco [even if it costs more] and have Ford due the alignment.

Every once in a while, I get a deal from Tire Kingdom.

I've used them for years, but when Costco came along, TK was history. I'll let the 2 compete now. Sometimes TK wins, sometimes not.

I do think it depends on who's at the counter.

^^^Yes it does. Me and the previous guy went round and round a few times then I just quit going there. I recently had a flat repair on my car and dropped in on a Saturday, met the new guy, and was very impressed with the attitude around the joint. You could see the difference!

I prefer them because they are very conveniently located for me. And the number of places that can align our work vans is few and far between. Even some GM dealers do not have enough oomph to lift one of these 9000 plus pound beasties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back