Rockauto APWI axle quality?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I"m looking at picking up a right side APWI axle for my 96 Nissan Maxima for $42.00 and $15.00 shipping before coupon codes. Anyone have good or bad experiences with these?

I have no experience with APWI.

I try and go middle of the road quality at RockAuto. I do not buy anything from the "economy" section.

But your vehicle is going on 17 years old. Not a 2014 Ferrari. Many people (including me) spend a lot of money on their old vehicle in the last 6 - 12 months before they sell. Then looking back wish they had not spent all the $$.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Donald
I have no experience with APWI.

I try and go middle of the road quality at RockAuto. I do not buy anything from the "economy" section.

But your vehicle is going on 17 years old. Not a 2014 Ferrari. Many people (including me) spend a lot of money on their old vehicle in the last 6 - 12 months before they sell. Then looking back wish they had not spent all the $$.

I agree. It may not lasted 10 years/100k miles, but on the 17 years old vehicles it doesn't have to. You may not keep it longer than 3-5 years, why pay more for better part then sell it the next few years.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Is the old one shot or just a ripped boot?

I bought it four years ago with both outer boots torn. I emmidiately installed new boots. The drivers side was early enough there was no contamination and it is still tight and quiet. The driver side was making noise when I rebooted it and after four years I don't want to listen to it any more. I am over 280k miles now and plan to hit 400k before I'm done.

Last edited:
I have the same question, but Rockauto also carries Cardone, Surtrack and EMPI axles for the Honda Odyssey. Anyone have any experience with these brands? AWPI are the cheapest, Cardone and Surtrack are about the same and EMPI are about $10 more. Too many choices at Rockauto.

Last edited:
The ONLY reason I'm looking at a new axle is because its cheap. My current financial situation I shouldn't even do it but I'm tired of hearing it.
I didn't ask what brand I should get, I asked about first hand experiences with what I'm buying. Thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back