Counter-tops for garage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a chance to mill some pieces today.

644538_4656452094623_2113263791_n.jpg

313717_4657584762939_1758028972_n.jpg

Originally Posted By: Kestas
But aren't those expensive pieces of wood?

Not sure of the value. Re-claimed from a forest fire. About 200 BF in the 4 pieces.

So far, the 10 year old laminate top (12 ft long bench) at the house we just sold has held up very well against all sorts of things. Bought in the seconds bin at Lowes.

Just repeated this with another 6 ft bench. Typical kitchen counter top stuff. I also happened to have an old drop-leg table with laminate top with bad frame, top was fine. I removed it and cut the top to length/width needed for a second bench.

In all cases the tops are screwed/siliconed to 2x6's laid horizontally. I like these laminate tops a lot, smooth surface and gives me a nice backspash to fit against the wall. Using the 2x6's gives strength of course and allows for bolting of vise/drill press/etc through the top and into the 2x6's.

Originally Posted By: WhyMe
buy a box of floor laminate and cut and snap together. extremely durable,cheap and replaceable if needed.

I did this for my radial arm saw, work bench and reloading bench. It is easy to install, easy to clean and easy to replace as needed. Good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back