Glock update!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got one. I found one. Heck yea. NEW IN BOX Production 6-12. It was sitting under the display case and collecting dust, my regular guy forgot it was there. $579.00. I'm So happy.
Dusty

Originally Posted By: Chris142
Do you get to take it home or do you have to pay$75 for a background check and wait 2 weeks

Are they charging for background checks now? WT?

I had the gun in 15 minutes.. no charge for a background check.
Yes, Gen 4 Glock 19 9mm with 3 15 round clips

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Do you get to take it home or do you have to pay$75 for a background check and wait 2 weeks

You have to do a background check any time you buy a gun in CA. When I bought my AR and stripped lower last month I had to pay for 2 FFL transfer fees from the store to me. I know the owner of the store personally and he said they don't make very much on the transfer fees. Most of the money covers what they get charged by the state for registration.

I actually don't mind the cooling off period. As annoying as it is, I totally understand its purpose.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

You have to do a background check any time you buy a gun in CA.

I think you have to go through a background check no matter what state you live in if buying from a dealer. Question was, are they now charging the buyer for a background check (not a FFL transfer). If so, then it's the first time I've ever heard of that.

Originally Posted By: DrDusty86

Great find, now quit calling them "clips" your going to get flamed on any gun forums. Their "magazines" or "mags"

Purchased a couple of handguns here within the past several weeks.

From the time walking into the gun store to walking out with the gun in hand took about 15 minutes.

No charge for the federal background check.

Some states have their own method of doing the checks like in Wisconsin where I am originally from. They charge $13.00 for the state check as I recall along with a Two waiting period.

Many folks buy guns from gun shows or a private seller without any paperwork and I bet we will see that loophole closed before long?

Have had luck in finding both .22 Long Rifle and 9 MM ammo here at a reasonable price.

Now that you have the new weapon hope you can get some range time in soon.

I was at the range on Saturday. Had a BLAST!.. hhaahhhaa Yes, the case was dusty but I didn't care.. I just found what I was looking for after looking over 6 months and MANY MANY MANY phone calls.
Any recommended accessories/mods?
Dusty

Originally Posted By: bradepb
Originally Posted By: DrDusty86

Great find, now quit calling them "clips" your going to get flamed on any gun forums. Their "magazines" or "mags"

Since we're on this topic, you meant "you're" and "they're", didn't you?
grin.gif

Texas calls the FBI hot-line for firearms purchases (at least they did a few years ago) and it takes minutes if that. When we first moved to Texas, I asked how we would go about purchasing a firearm there and the gentleman asked if we had a drivers license from Texas (we did) and he told us it was customary in Texas to hand him the money and he would hand us the firearm! Of course he was kidding and we did have to fill out the form but it only took minutes from form to phone call to walking out the door. We almost felt like criminals leaving the store with our arms full....first purchases amounted to four on the same day!

What a breath of fresh air since we were used to purchasing in Maryland....fee for background check, two-week waiting period, AND limited to one firearm per month!

When we knew we were moving back to our old jobs we didn't even consider living in Maryland again....chose Pa instead and our LTCF's (License to Carry Firearms) took two days....e-mailed the applications on a Tuesday evening and got called Thursday noon to come get our photos taken and pick up our licenses!

Anyway....congrats on your G19-4 and three MAGAZINES DrDusty86! Enjoy and you made a great choice!

Last edited:
Just trying to help him out, A lot of guys really get they're shorts in a bunch about mags and "clips"

To the op asking about accessories/mods. I like the Talon grips a lot!

I don't like hearing magazines called clips nor firearms called weapons (unless it is used only as such.....I have a number of firearms but only one or two weapons). And, as I've said in here before, my backyard is full of weapons....bricks, sticks, rocks, and bats but there are no firearms laying around!

Smokepoles, bangsticks, shotty.....all of the cute names are what the anti's thrive on.....and liken us to backwoods cowboys with no education and a mindset to shoot and kill everything that walks or crawls....call them what they are....a Winchester rifle, a Beretta shotgun, a Smith & Wesson handgun or just call them firearms.....be careful with the buzzword "weapon" or other "catchy" names.

@ bradepb - I agree wholeheartedly with you thus the reason I highlighted MAGAZINES

Last edited:
I used CLP to clean it. It does not state on the back of the can that it would harm polymer but I did my best not to get it on the plastic. Is CLP the best cleaner/preservative for the Glocks?

Buy extra magazines. I got a bunch for my Glock, makes the range time a lot more fun when you can keep shooting.

05B1EB81-0AF6-42A0-A0CE-EB01AA7C42A1-12844-00000F4DAEA74348_zps99e4b110.jpg

Somewhere I have a bag from my last range trip with a bunch more magazines for my Glock and my M&P 15-22.

The Garand used clips: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Garand_clip.jpg

Your Glock uses magazines.

I've bought several magazines for my Glock 19...I have 6-10 full capacity magazines for every pistol I own and recommend that you equip yours similarly.

Nice choice, by the way. I like it almost as much as my H&K USP Compact...but the Glock is a lot more affordable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back