Who Makes A 20 Weight Oil For A Compressor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who makes a 20 wt non detergent oil for a small electric air compressor i use in my home garage for air impact tools and filling up tires at home..

Im pretty sure it says use a 20 weight it is a 30 year old unit and the oil was never changed..

ACCEL 20 weight ND is usually found at Walmart, Harvest King 20 weight ND can usually be found at Farm and Home stores.

Secondly, posting in the right area helps.
grin.gif

I would get the Amsoil, if it has been 30 years since it has been changed, what is another day or two at the most?

Ingersol-rand (spelling?) has some high quality synthetic compressor oil that might work? Available at any farm store that carries IR.

From experience am soil makes the best compressor oil on earth. At -40 and the neighbor crew needs a torch to get their pumps to even turn over our pumps start by the 3rd pull.
My paycheque depends on my compressors running,and I won't use anything but amsoil in my pumps.

Originally Posted By: Clevy
From experience am soil makes the best compressor oil on earth. At -40 and the neighbor crew needs a torch to get their pumps to even turn over our pumps start by the 3rd pull.
My paycheque depends on my compressors running,and I won't use anything but amsoil in my pumps.

If anybody knows it's Clevy. He maintains a whole fleet of compressors used outdoors in the cold Canadian winters.
08.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back