Well, it finally died.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

OVERKILL

$100 Site Donor 2021
My Microsoft Natural Keyboard that is
wink.gif

I've had this keyboard since ~2004 IIRC, most of the letters on the ASDF row are polished to a shine and missing their letters.

Today, the YUIOP row stopped working. It hadn't had anything spilled in it (today) so it looks like it has just taken its last keystroke. I'm typing this for a USB DELL keyboard, which is horrible to type on in comparison.

Too late to order one today, so it looks like I won't have one until Monday. Bugger!!!

Been the best keyboard I've ever owned.

Find me a mechanical keyboard that has the same layout as the MS Natural and I'd do it. But I don't think one exists
21.gif

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Find me a mechanical keyboard that has the same layout as the MS Natural and I'd do it. But I don't think one exists
21.gif

Overkill - let me check my stash over the weekend. I am fairly certain that I have 2 MS Natural PS/2 keyboards still in the boxes. If I still have them, I would be happy to send them to you gratis.

Originally Posted By: 2010_FX4
21.gif

Overkill - let me check my stash over the weekend. I am fairly certain that I have 2 MS Natural PS/2 keyboards still in the boxes. If I still have them, I would be happy to send them to you gratis.

Thanks!

Though a new one is only $30.00, I think it would be more in that in shipping to get those from you
smile.gif

I do have my mom's old white PS/2 one here, I could try it but I'd have to reboot my computer, LOL!!!!

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
IBM Type M.

The original... and the best.

I have one (in the basement). But I greatly prefer the positioning of the Natural. I type a LOT and I don't get wrist pains AT ALL with the Natural, I can go all day
wink.gif
LOL!

Well, the DELL didn't last long. I couldn't handle typing on it. I'm on an old-school white MS Natural now from the late 90's that I dragged out of my basement
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: Donald
Amazon has several MS Natural from $35 to over $100. With the $100 having each half of the keyboard on an angle to the other.
What is better about one of these than say a Logitech?

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-A11-0033...atural+keyboard

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Natural-...atural+keyboard

Your first link is the one I'm typing on right now.

The 2nd link is the one that just died. I can get that one for ~30 bucks from my suppliers.

Logitech no longer makes a keyboard that competes in this segment (they used to). They only have the "wave" now, which isn't a true ergo keyboard, as it lacks the split and taper that one that is truly "ergonomic" has.

I think this keyboard may actually be mechanical, as it has a better key feel to it than the 4000 it replaced. A bit surprising, but then.... not really
smile.gif

When I saw the thread title in the Recent Topics, I thought maybe one of your Fords died
grin.gif
. You don't use a laptop PC or are you plugging your keyboard into the laptop? Using a laptop keyboard is part of the reason I have a lot of typos and also I don't type well to begin with.

Originally Posted By: mechanicx
When I saw the thread title in the Recent Topics, I thought maybe one of your Fords died
grin.gif
. You don't use a laptop PC or are you plugging your keyboard into the laptop? Using a laptop keyboard is part of the reason I have a lot of typos and also I don't type well to begin with.

I use a laptop at work (a Lenovo T-420), but at home I have a desktop with a couple of big screens (27" 16:9 IPS LED and a 24" 16:10 Philips) and a conventional keyboard/mouse layout.

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
Another quality (not) MS product; anyone who took typing sees the 567 keys are split incorrectly.

I took typing (and was the top of my class) and I couldn't care less about the split on the numbers. The keyboard works extremely well and is comfortable, that's what matters.

And with respect to it being a quality MS product? It's almost 10 years old with CONSTANT heavy use and has survived a few spills. I'd say it held up quite well actually.

Amazon has several MS Natural from $35 to over $100. With the $100 having each half of the keyboard on an angle to the other.

The 2nd link is the one that just died. I can get that one for ~30 bucks from my suppliers.

Logitech no longer makes a keyboard that competes in this segment (they used to). They only have the "wave" now, which isn't a true ergo keyboard, as it lacks the split and taper that one that is truly "ergonomic" has.

I think this keyboard may actually be mechanical, as it has a better key feel to it than the 4000 it replaced. A bit surprising, but then.... not really
smile.gif

So is it the keyboard "feel" or the fact that the keyboard is split in half and each half angled (a little or a lot) that makes it a great keyboard?

smile.gif

So is it the keyboard "feel" or the fact that the keyboard is split in half and each half angled (a little or a lot) that makes it a great keyboard?

It is the split/angle/curve characteristics that make it great. More natural hand positioning with respect to how they fall on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back