E15 Approved By Feds :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live on the Gulf Coast and have seen the havoc wreaked in marine applications, not to mention my ATV. If you don't add some some sort of ethanol mitigator, you're asking for trouble.

Originally Posted By: sdowney717
And people just let them. I bet if people really studied Ethanol in gasoline, they would say no to ethanol. The only way to make things change in the congress is to get rid of the congress and put in someone else. But you got to target issues, perhaps a national referendum on hot topics like this would force them to do the right things.
We are a Republic, we simply elect electors who elect representatives, we are not a democracy.
We are in a sense disenfranchised from issues that people would dearly like to see changed. Big government rules by fiat, by decrees. And the little people have to step lively and keep within the lines drawn by big government.

The ONLY thing "electors" "elect" are the President/Vice President team. What school you went?

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
It's the same as always. You just need enough dough to buy yourself a congressman and then you can get almost anything passed.
Actually you have to buy a whole party. Not THAT hard.

This has NO benefit for motoring America. Why the [censored] did they do this.

Do they SEE the drought?
Do they KNOW that corn doesnt belong in gas?
What is up with this????????????????????????

Originally Posted By: GearheadTool

Do they SEE the drought?

The post you're replying to is from April 7th, 2012. I'm not sure who "they" is, but I'm assuming they didn't consult a drought prognosticating machine.

Originally Posted By: hatt
Originally Posted By: tommygunn
I like knowing farmers with poor quality grains that would normally be dumped as feedstock are finding new ways to get paid for it which keeps funds here in this country :p.

Aren't farmers still selling their farms because they're going broke? Little farmers aren't making money off ethanol. The multinational corps are.

This. I doubt small family owned farms are seeing the profits from ethanol fuel. The corporations who "convince" them to sell the farms might be though.

I imagine the oil lobby is big time against ethanol, since it cuts into their profits. I have to go with my experience, and personally I haven't had any issues with E-10 ethanol, and I store my boat for 5 months out of the year (but I use Stabil). I would like to see us more energy independent. Whatever it takes. (Disclaimer): Of course, I drive a Silverado, so I'm using more than the avg person.

Build the Keystone XL pipeline. Keep N. American crude from being shipped to China. The Canadiens will develop these oil sands regardless of what our politicians do. We have been crying for domestic energy independance since the '70. Let's approve it now!==FWIW--Oldtommy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back