The new "Belgian Castrol" 0w40 at Advance Auto Pts

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time I've seen it. How does it compare to GC 0w30?

edge_spt_1qt_0w40.jpg

I saw it at mine Saturday as well, first time ever. Unfortunately it did not make it here in time for the BOGO sale. There are some specs on here recently posted. I've not seen any first hand feedback yet though.

German Castrol would be mighty tough to beat, I'd also like to see if anyone here has used it yet.

I've noticed Castrol just now (within the past few weeks) putting "Not for sale outside the USA" where it used to say "Not for sale outside the Americas" (in fact, so recent that bottles with either disclaimer are available in stores.

I wonder why they got more strict about where it can be sold and why the new allowable sales region has been tightened.

They may not have distributors for it in other regions. That's why some oils are Europe-only, for example. Or they may not have the rights to market it under the EDGE name.

Originally Posted By: dparm
They may not have distributors for it in other regions. That's why some oils are Europe-only, for example. Or they may not have the rights to market it under the EDGE name.

To be clear, this applies to all Castrol products, not just EDGE. GTX white bottle, HM, Synblend, you name it.

Sorry for omitting that in my earlier post.

I haven't seen it anywhere yet. And since GC is already basically a 40 grade I assume this one is going to be on the heavy end of the scale to combat shear and fuel dilution due to the ridiculously long oil change intervals in Europe.
What exactly do European engines do different to be able to go that long in between changes. And why aren't we also going that route

Originally Posted By: Clevy
I assume this one is going to be on the heavy end of the scale

100C viscosity is at 13.5 cSt, so it's basically as thick or as thin as M1 0w-40 at operating temp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back