Trying Shell Helix Ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.
I changed the oil in my 400 cc air cooled shared sump Honda to Helix Ultra 5w40 this morning just to try it. Oddly enough, it was what Shell's oil finder indicated for my bike in Mexico. I don't have very high hopes that it will continue to shift well with this oil, but if it does I will leave it in for a year or 3000 Km. I took it for a short ride, it seemed to run better, make less noise and shift nicely, but it always does after an oil change.

The oil was bottled in U.S.A., but came in what appears to be European bottles specially labeled for Mexico, in Spanish first, then English, no other languages. It's probably Pennzoil Ultra Euro as suspected. The bottles are the nicest I've encountered, thick paper/tinfoil/plastic seal, cap has a layer of hard gel inside so it will seal after being opened, wide mouth (which I don't care for), says it's the only oil recommended by Ferrari. The translucent volume strip on the edge of the bottle is marked in 1/8 and 1/16 gallon oddly enough, no mL.

I'll update this thread later as the oil breaks in if anybody is interested...

Originally Posted By: Falcon_LS
Pennzoil Ultra is Shell Helix Ultra with a different name.

+1
Thats why shell Helix brand is almost impossible to find.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back