Lucas diesel fuel additive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have on occasion used it for its lubricating qualities and found that it did seem to add a tiny bit of butt dyno pep in my BMW.

Youre right, it is sold and a lot of it is used for diesels.

The key, IMO is if it meets cummins L10 injector efficiency, and gives cetane improvements. THese two items relate to cleanliness and potential MPG improvement.

You wont hurt anything, but you wont help either, necessarily, its a craps shoot.

Consider power service or delo fuel additive too... I sure wish they still sold rotella DFA - that was the stuff that gave me a measurable MPG boost!

JMH

Been using Power service but neighbor's comments about truckers running lots of the Lucas fuel additive and this site got me wondering.I read the NEGITIVES on the Lucas oil product and was curious to how the the Lucas fuel additive stacked up.Need more info.

Run FP60 instead! It will treat more gallons and do more for your engine in the long run.

Plus you can use FP60 in your gas engines as well!

Do you mean the Lucas UCL fuel treatment?

Theres been a few threads here about it. Try searching Lucas UCL. Bob even did a test on the site somewhere.

It can be used in both gasoline and diesel engines. Ive used it before, but I don't have a diesel. Like all fuel treatments I never really felt/noticed much like others have.
Its priced reasonable when you buy it in the quart size.

quote:

I'm wondering of MPG is up because the add increases the energy in the fuel, or because of any cleaning effect.

Regardless, I LOVE this stuff. The truck runs better than ever. It smells good, too.

Big thanks to the folks over on BITOG for turning me on to the stuff

I wish all our Sponsors would see this. Many good members on BITOG are members of other sites. So the info on products is spread very wide on the internet.

smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by 04SpecV:
In that turbodiesel link, the guy takes a pic of his fuel gauge after 278 miles, thats horribly inaccurate.
Then after he fills ONE tank, he decides he got some great increase in gas mileage.
Anything can affect one tank. What about long term mileage gains?

What about this thread? http://theoildrop.server101.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=42;t=002164

04SpecV,

Never said he was doing anything acurate, just giving the guy a diesel board that uses the product. I read the thread you linked and I love that 1 FMF took down all that data and went to the trouble of charting it out. We need more like that!

Also, diesel engines and diesel fuel in general run very dirty and FP60 can do more in that environment. Durham Transportation ran both FP60 and LC20 in 200 buses for an extended period and had an average increase of 1.5 mpg. That is more accurate than 1 FMF on his single car.

Also these buses averaged between 6-8 mpg and getting that kind of increase shows it does work.

People need to realize FP60 cleans and due to this fuel is burned more completely. A somewhat clean engine may see no increase (and most people on this board have cleaner engines than the average joe). LC20 works from the other side and both working together allow the pistons in an engine to work as they were meant to. When an engine has build up inside, the pistons use more energy to move up and down...if the buildup is removed the pistons can move freely with less effort and better fuel comsumption will occur. Not to mention cleaning up injectors to have the best spray pattern possible also helps the fuel to burn more completely.

"...,thats horribly inaccurate. Than after he fills ONE tank, he decides he got some great increase in gas mileage. Anything can affect one tank. What about long term mileage gains?" Well I ask, will over 75000miles of using Lucas UCL work for testing it??? I swear by it!!! The EPA of my 98 Suzuki Swift is 39-43mpg which is what I averaged from the 11500miles it had on it when I bought it in Feb00 to 38495miles when I started using UCL. Today I have over 114000miles on it and have averaged 43-45mpg with numerus 48mpg long freeway runs(43.42mpg overall to be exact-75275miles/1733.2gal overall year in-year out average so far---the prior 26995miles/655.4gal=41.19mpg with best freeway run of 46mpg). I use 2oz's in every 6-8gal(10.3 tank)fillup. Had a 96 Geo Metro before this and after getting the same 39-43EPA with it for the 216000miles I drove it before I sold it, I wish I had know about the stuff sooner!! I buy the stuff by the gal at NAPA for about $22.00per which is alot cheaper than buying the smaller size's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back