Synpower 5w20 vs Motomaster F1 syn 5w20 (SOPUS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's some good sales at CT and WM, I would like to try Motomaster syn, good reviews on this oil, its shell synthetic (pennzoil maybe). Also synpower for 19.99 for a jug at WM.

What would you choose? both
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: wolf_06
There's some good sales at CT and WM, I would like to try Motomaster syn, good reviews on this oil, its shell synthetic (pennzoil maybe). Also synpower for 19.99 for a jug at WM.

smile.gif

I've used Motomaster full synthetic. It's a reasonable oil. When it's on sale now it's around $23-26 for a 5 litre jug. I scored 8 jugs of 5L Eco-power 5w-20 at Wally world about 6 months ago for $5. I have an oil Stash to last a few years now for my two vehicles.

Is the synpower 4.73L or 5L?

Regards, JC.

Originally Posted By: JC1
Originally Posted By: wolf_06

smile.gif

I've used Motomaster full synthetic. It's a reasonable oil. When it's on sale now it's around $23-26 for a 5 litre jug. I scored 8 jugs of 5L Eco-power 5w-20 at Wally world about 6 months ago for $5. I have an oil Stash to last a few years now for my two vehicles.

Is the synpower 4.73L or 5L?

Regards, JC.

its 4.73L at 19.99, motomaster is 5L 23.99. Did you like the motomaster?

i have used both, honestly did not notice any difference between the two, but a uoa might tell other wise. At the price you you have posted i would take the syn-power.

Five bucks Canadian for five liters (how we spell it here)?
Great score!

I have tried the Motomaster in other vehicles, and it does a good job, but I noticed with the Valvoline in the same vehicle I burned less oil and did actually got a hair better fuel economy.

I also had a bad experience with Motomaster once with their synthetics, almost as if the wax had settled out from the mixture and left a film on the bottom of the bottle. This was not an old oil either. But I am sure that Shell has solved that problem since I haven't heard of this issue since 2004.

Keep in mind, these are both high quality oils; Motomaster is made by Shell and of course, Valvoline by itself (Ashland). For the price, I would go with the Valvoline, is it really worth an extra $3-4 for 270mL? I don't see it. For the price, I am recommending the Valvoline SynPower. It also what I use in my Big Green Monster.

Hey guys, I went to Walmart to pickup the Synpower at $21.88, but all they had was 5L just for $44. Their website said it was in stock, but there wasn't even a shelf spot for it. Even their staff couldn't find it.
I feel like this is a bait and switch tactic they're using.
Have you guys had any luck?
Thanks.

Originally Posted By: engineered
I feel like this is a bait and switch tactic they're using.

I've mentioned in other threads how the WM Canada's website sucks in comparison to the U.S. Walmart's version for in store availability. I don't think it's a bait and switch so much as the website never seems to accurately reflect oil stocks in any stores. I've routinely found product on the shelf that says out of stock on the web, and vice versa.

For those oils on rollback in the 4.73 L jugs (i.e. Synpower and SOPUS products), you won't find a shelf spot for it. That's been my experience. They only have those sizes for rollback, and they use a display in the middle of the floor and some of the shelf endcaps, and sometimes have a little bit on the very top shelf in the oil section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back