How soon will Dannyka get lapped today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're having trouble with their solid rear axles and "camber". It's the "car of the future" and IRS has been around forever. Pushrods and solid axles, that's racing improving the breed.

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
They're having trouble with their solid rear axles and "camber". It's the "car of the future" and IRS has been around forever. Pushrods and solid axles, that's racing improving the breed.

LMAO!!!

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Originally Posted By: Indydriver

But see, you don't understand NASCAR racing.

Unless NASCAR is a cult (which it isn't) there's nothing to "understand". His POV is different from yours, that's it.

Quote:
It's kinda like professional wrestling. You not only root for your faves, you root against the bad guys (gals).

Professional wresting had good/bad guys. Bad/Evil. Those polarities don't really exist in NASCAR. Perhaps for certain people, like yourself, you need to vilify somebody to keep an interest in the sport. If that's your prerogative, so be it. But that doesn't mean that others can't enjoy the sport without the same mental games involved. They may just prefer a certain racer/brand and want to see them win. It CAN be that simple.

Quote:
P.S. Someone must have forced her to do all those magazine shoots in her underwear. Not to mention the provocative TV commercials. Then she dumped her husband so she could start hitting on other drivers knowing the inevitable press hysteria that would cause. It just goes on and on with her but she NEVER produces on the track. I'll keep pointing this out. Don't play if you don't enjoy it.

I doubt anybody forced her. She's hot, and has a great body. She could do with some larger mammary's, but that's just nit-picking here. She has what the other drives don't have: sex appeal. And like it or not, it broadens the NASCAR audience.
I still plenty of fans disguised as seats.

So do I, but I think that has more to do with the point you made after this one. The "cookie cutter" cars, the "car of the future, didn't help the sport, that's for sure.

Looks like the members of "Misogynists Anonymous" have all arrived at the party.
smirk.gif

Ah no you didn't play the misogynist card. I'm disappointed in you now
grin2.gif

Let's face it, her only redeeming qualities seem to be she is female and attractive. Maybe she is most qualified to be some sort of model? I like good looking females as much as any guy, and I don't dislike her or really even know her. But I can get why some people dislike all the hype. Plus she seems like a witch with a b.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
Oh, and Danica's alright. My wife's hotter, though, so it really doesn't matter. Just as all YOUR wives are as well, right fellas?

Nope, my women are ugly and I would consider myself a pretty good looking decent guy
frown.gif
. Danica is just another stuck up spoiled hottie.

Originally Posted By: mechanicx
Looks like the members of "Misogynists Anonymous" have all arrived at the party.
smirk.gif

grin2.gif

Let's face it, her only redeeming qualities seem to be she is female and attractive. Maybe she is most qualified to be some sort of model? I like good looking females as much as any guy, and I don't dislike her or really even know her. But I can get why some people dislike all the hype. Plus she seems like a witch with a b.

I've never argued that she's a good driver, I'm not even a fan of hers. But I DO find her nice to look at, which is refreshing in a sport that is full of guys. And while the hype is exactly that, I can't help but think that despite the "Good old boys" taking exception to her and her paparazzi entourage, that it is a GOOD thing for a sport that has lost a lot of its identity over the years and subsequently appears to have suffered a severe case of contracting fan-base.

With respect to your note regarding her personality, well, I may be giving up too much information here, but I'm attracted to brunets that fit that description, if you know what I mean
wink.gif

smirk.gif

grin2.gif

I've never argued that she's a good driver, I'm not even a fan of hers. But I DO find her nice to look at, which is refreshing in a sport that is full of guys. And while the hype is exactly that, I can't help but think that despite the "Good old boys" taking exception to her and her paparazzi entourage, that it is a GOOD thing for a sport that has lost a lot of its identity over the years and subsequently appears to have suffered a severe case of contracting fan-base.

I don't really disagree with that. But I also don't disagree with the people who for NASCAR it's all about the racing and they do take exception to the hype.

Quote:
With respect to your note regarding her personality, well, I may be giving up too much information here, but I'm attracted to brunets that fit that description, if you know what I mean
wink.gif

Me too
20.gif
. I don't really care about her personality per se, but from what I can tell she seems like a typical stuck up hottie that requires big bucks and exceptional looks to get her attention. To me all the hype and the stuckupness of females that aren't totally ugly nowadays is two sides of the same coin that I dislike
mad.gif
(<~~I'm not really that mad).

I don't really disagree with that. But I also don't disagree with the people who for NASCAR it's all about the racing and they do take exception to the hype.

But those same people, did they take equal exception to the "Car of the Future"? What about the addition of Toyota to the ranks, who has never, as far as I'm aware, EVER made a pushrod V8 and was allowed to fab one up to run?

I'm a racing fan too. But I lost more and more interest in the sport as those things happened. I'm not old enough to remember the REAL "Good old days" where what you saw on the track, the car it was based on could be purchased at your local dealer. But I remember the Windsor vs the SBC (as I'm sure you do!) in cars that at least somewhat looked like cars and you could tell the brands apart. You knew what was a Ford and what was a Chevy.

I get the feeling that a lot of the opposition isn't to the hype as hype, but that it's hype about a woman in a sport that is all about men. And that she's getting undue attention because of that. Which is true, she is. But to hate her and wish her ill because of it? seems a bit perverted to me
21.gif

Let her sink or swim on her own accord. Either she'll make it or she won't. But even if she just ends up being an average driver, she's still brought something to the sport, which is attention from a female audience for starters, as well as attention from men who wouldn't normally watch the sport but might now just so they can gawk at her. I don't see either of those things as negatives.

Quote:
Me too
20.gif
. I don't really care about her personality per se, but from what I can tell she seems like a typical stuck up hottie that requires big bucks and exceptional looks to get her attention. To me all the hype and the stuckupness of females that aren't totally ugly nowadays is two sides of the same coin that I dislike
mad.gif
(div>

She strikes me as one of those bossy women who think they know what they want, even if they don't. A woman who enjoys confrontation and often ends up wearing the pants in a relationship. Sounds like we both might be into that kind of woman, eh?
grin.gif

I'm just into goodlooking, nice, feminine women. I'm not into bossy, domineering or self-centered women, or the hyping of women trying to pretend "I can do anything you can do better
48.gif
" while in reality they're just benefiting off their looks and being a female. They can't or shouldn't have it both ways, while a guy doesn't even have it one way.

Here's another female trying to pretend she's a man and failing miserably lol: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/femal...wo-kicks-030313

I don't really have a problem with Danica or her in Nascar per se, but I just find the whole concept of trying to prove women really can do anything a man can as stupid and based in misandry
cool.gif

I'm just into goodlooking, nice, feminine women. I'm not into bossy, domineering or self-centered women, or the hyping of women trying to pretend "I can do anything you can do better
48.gif
" while in reality they're just benefiting off their looks and being a female. They can't or shouldn't have it both ways, while a guy doesn't even have it one way.

Here's another female trying to pretend she's a man and failing miserably lol: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/femal...wo-kicks-030313

I don't really have a problem with Danica or her in Nascar per se, but I just find the whole concept of trying to prove women really can do anything a man can as stupid and based in misandry
cool.gif

What are your thoughts on Gina Carano?

She could certainly kick my posterior!!
wink.gif

I like bossy women BTW, as I enjoy a good back-and-forth (I know, you'd never guess that one eh? LOL!!!) but certainly don't enjoy the company of those in either gender who think their intellect or abilities have no equal, similar to what you've mentioned. There is a difference between a confident woman who knows that she's intelligent and is willing, nay EAGER to engage in a rational and potentially heated discussion and one who thinks she's right no matter what and won't partake in the art of debate for that very reason. And if you DO somehow bait her into an exchange, you discover quickly just how hollow and baseless her posturing with regards to that topic is.

I can see your point and basically agree, but I prefer a female that is submissive, pleasant and cheerful myself. Those are the ones that get my respect. But I guess you Canadians are even more henpecked than us Americans
08.gif
. I've heard cities there like Toronto are really bad like that
48.gif

To get back more on topic, maybe they could create an all female racing league. Then maybe Danica would win
laugh.gif

Chris Myers:

"Dannyka worked her way up from 40th to 21st"

Hahaha. He doesn't know anymore about racing than Leaky seals.

From 40th to 21st...And she sucks? How about Mark Martin... went from 1st to 21st. Kyle Busch went from 4th to 23rd.

The OP loses his credibility when he shows he can't even spell her name. he should think about just sticking to the facts.

Originally Posted By: Warstud
Chris Myers:

"Dannyka worked her way up from 40th to 21st"

Hahaha. He doesn't know anymore about racing than Leaky seals.

From 40th to 21st...And she sucks? How about Mark Martin... went from 1st to 21st. Kyle Busch went from 4th to 23rd.

Well, you didn't watch the race did you? She didn't pass anyone all day. Every move up was due to yellows and the outstanding work of her pit crew. The point of this thread is that she is overrated as a RACE driver, and Phoenix made my point perfectly.

Originally Posted By: whip
The OP loses his credibility when he shows he can't even spell her name. he should think about just sticking to the facts.

This thread has been nothing but facts. She didn't pass anyone under green, she wrecked, she finished 39th in a field of 43. Show me how this doesn't stick to the facts. As far as the spelling of her name, you're not a very deep thinker, are you? Think about it for a while and maybe you can save some face. If you really can't figure it out, let me know and I'll explain it to you.

Viva Las Vegas! (one of her favorite tracks!). Aren't you excited about her chances to win!?

Originally Posted By: CharlieW618
I'm sure that not one other driver got positions from pitting and then dropped back. Only her.

Nope and the fact that she wrecked because a right front tire blew from melted beads is her fault too. I am by no means a Danica nut swinger, but frankly I would love to see all the haters hop in an equal car and beat her.

I watched her in IRL and even Indy Lights, she isn't the best driver out there, but she has sponsorships so she is there. Half of the F1 starting grid is seems are pay to play drivers, there are some outstanding drivers that don't get to race because of lack of sponsor money.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
I'm sure that not one other driver got positions from pitting and then dropped back. Only her.

Nope and the fact that she wrecked because a right front tire blew from melted beads is her fault too. I am by no means a Danica nut swinger, but frankly I would love to see all the haters hop in an equal car and beat her.

I watched her in IRL and even Indy Lights, she isn't the best driver out there, but she has sponsorships so she is there. Half of the F1 starting grid is seems are pay to play drivers, there are some outstanding drivers that don't get to race because of lack of sponsor money.
I'd like to see Sabine in a match race with Danny where you have to turn BOTH ways.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bdcardinal

Im not on here to bash her. But my understanding of the beads failing on her tire is in part due to the driver using their brakes more than others and the heat generated was so high that it causes the wheel to heat up and then the tire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back