Vibration while turning left/right

Status
Not open for further replies.
So shop put in new rack n pinion and when I got car back it was vibration at low speed n in park position while turning left/right. 2nd time I took it back shop said it doing that because off new rack n pinion n I called this [censored]. Anyway shop told me to drive the car for couple week n if it still does that then bring it back n we will put other rack n pinion. I also have hard time turning at low speed. Shop put too much fluid in the PS tank, it at HOT Max level. When engine is cold it supposed to be at Cold Max level, but it at Hot max level. So should I take the fluid out until it reach at Cold max level? And I feel like it need to bleed in power steering pump. The 2nd time I let them look at it, then when I got it back it stared making squeal noise when I rev the engine a little in park position. They used Mobil one atf fuild in PS pump. What happen if atf oil spill on the PS belt?

Rev the engine to about 1500 rpms and turn the wheel lock to lock multiple times. Sounds like it has air in it.

Is this how I bleed the PS pump?;

1st- jack up car until tire is off the ground
2nd- put key in ACC mode
3rd- take off cap on ps
4th- turning steering wheel left/right maybe 20 time lol
5th- closed the cap n start up the engine
6th- turn the steering wheel left/right 20 time again lol
7th- go for ride n I hope it slove my problem

Am I right above?

Originally Posted By: Rohan
Is this how I bleed the PS pump?;

1st- jack up car until tire is off the ground
2nd- put key in ACC mode
3rd- take off cap on ps
4th- turning steering wheel left/right maybe 20 time lol
5th- closed the cap n start up the engine
6th- turn the steering wheel left/right 20 time again lol
7th- go for ride n I hope it slove my problem

Am I right above?

Yes that should get the air out of the system if it is leak free.

You did not mention what type of vehicle this is. Is it a GM vehicle such as a GMC Acadia or sister vehicles? If it is those vehicles are a real pain to bleed! The system needs to be pulled down to a vacuum.

I didnt do bleed the PS pump. I took my car back because it started making the noise again. The noise came back within 30 miles.

The work they did to my car is ; Front N Rear Nylatron Subframe/Control arm bushing, new rack n pinion, nismo sway bar, oem endlink (still old with 164k miles), Moog outer tie rod, new axles both side from Napa part. Ball joint is good from mechanic told me.

So I took it back. The noise I'm hearing is when you making right turn you can hear poping noise, creeking or squealing sound when turnin left/right, also you can hear poping noise while turning the wheel left/right underneath the steering wheel on driver side. Shop can't pin out where's the noise coming from.

What is best way to pin out the noise? Any help will be grateful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back