One order was enough...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I have to admit that I placed an order with Cheaper than Dirt. And I'll also admit that there won't be a second order.

The order was packed very sloppily, and wasn't properly protected, and the merchandise arrived damaged. Surprise, surprise... they're in a big rush. I sent them a message about it a couple of weeks ago, and of course, no response.

If a company is going to ignore their incoming email messages, then they should shut the servers down and remove their email address off of their website.

So, I'm going to turn it over to my credit card company. Hopefully, CTD will blow them off too, and I'll just get my money back.

Maybe CTD needs to shut down again for a couple more weeks, and this time try to figure out why they're actually in business...

Before the rush, I had a couple orders with them. Unless it was a total steal, the shipping made it not worth it versus other places.

I bought a lot of stuff with them over a year ago. Everything came nicely packaged, and it was all in stock. That being said, their current prices are crazy. I was much better off buying all of my AR stuff locally with a shop I trust, who is staffed by retired military and Blackwater operators. Also anything I need that is a on the "fun" side, I go to Vegas and buy there.

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
Cheaper than Dirt?

Hmmm....

Some dirt has gold in it
laugh.gif

Considering that my local sales tax rate is almost 9%, I can pay $9 shipping on every $100 purchased, and I am still breaking even.

I was able to "bundle" the order and get several items that I wanted all in one place. Therefore, the shipping on this order was reasonable... until I saw how sloppy it had been packed, and the condition that it arrived in.

I refuse to buy from Cheaper Than Dirt - they're charging way more for ammo than my local gun store and frankly outrageous prices for magazines...nothing about them is cheap...

Sign up for notifications on Midway USA...order when the items come in...at a normal price...

When they played like ****'s Sporting after the CT incident I blew them off forever.

Fold to the anti's or become PC and you are dead to my business.

I've done little with them before and was not terribly impressed. Nothing like Midway, Davidson's or others.

Bill

Originally Posted By: Astro14
I refuse to buy from Cheaper Than Dirt - they're charging way more for ammo than my local gun store and frankly outrageous prices for magazines...nothing about them is cheap...

Sign up for notifications on Midway USA...order when the items come in...at a normal price...

Actually, the ammo that I bought as part of the order was less than 40 cents a round for .40

I was a little shocked with that price and jumped all over it. So, I placed an order for everything on my wish list.

CTD is dead to me.

They are a the most bizarre business model I have ever seen. And it doesn't work. They have actually broken contracts with customers to raise prices.

And as Paul Harvey would say... here's the rest of the story...

Finally heard back from someone in CDT's Customer Service Department. They wanted to make it right, without me having to make any demands as to what they needed to do.

First thing that they did, without me even suggesting it, was they refunded the entire shipping charge back to my credit card.

They are also going to take care of the damaged merchandise, and are even tossing in a free accessory for one of the items that I had bought from them.

Was it a bad buying experience? Yes. But they did make an honest effort to make it right.

Will there be a second order? Instead of it being "no" before, it is now a "maybe".

Well it is good that they stood up and did provide the service that they should have in the first place..

But they are still dead to me... They will not see my business (and I'm sure they could care less)

Take care, Bill

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
Well, I have to admit that I placed an order with Cheaper than Dirt. And I'll also admit that there won't be a second order.

The order was packed very sloppily, and wasn't properly protected, and the merchandise arrived damaged. Surprise, surprise... they're in a big rush. I sent them a message about it a couple of weeks ago, and of course, no response.

If a company is going to ignore their incoming email messages, then they should shut the servers down and remove their email address off of their website.

So, I'm going to turn it over to my credit card company. Hopefully, CTD will blow them off too, and I'll just get my money back.

Maybe CTD needs to shut down again for a couple more weeks, and this time try to figure out why they're actually in business...

It's common knowledge for months now that CheaperThanDirt has been gouging their prices.

Last edited by a moderator:
A Place worse than that is R-GUNS. No customer service, waited 4 MONTHS to get my Mosan Nagant ammo (which at the time of order was listed as "in Stock"), they dont answer emails or phone, and have a very rude answering machine message.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back