SuperTech Synthetic oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like here in Oklahoma, the Supertech Synthetic is made by Citgo. Could this be better or worse than WPP? Also, how would this oil hold up to 3500 to 4000 mile oil changes? I now see there is a Supertech Synthetic in the 5w20 flavor.

It would probably hold up beyond 5000 miles. Its oil, its certified, its synthetic, it should hold up at least as good as any regular conventional. Just because its SuperTech oil doesn't mean its somehow barely adequate.

Last edited:
3500-4000 miles? I wouldn't even bother with a synthetic. ST dino oil is a good 5000 mile oil, the synthetic should easily be good for 7-8K or more.

A couple years ago in Virginia I tested ST Syn in our Jeeps. At a 5000 mile OCI, it did as well as Amsoil or Valvoline dino. Don't know if the formulation has changed, or if it was made by Citgo at the time.

Did a little searching....

http://ls1tech.com/forums/8890610-post10.html
Quote:
Alittle update to my last post. QS does not make supertech oil anymore. Mobil 1 and Warren Petroleum Products make it.

"just an update to this older post. Quaker State no longer makes Super Tech. I had asked for some updated specs some time back and QS told me they no longer package it for Walley World. Now Mobil and Warren do that I know of. I'm guessing if the bottom of the bottle has a G on it, its Mobil (this bottle even looks like a Mobil bottle. If the bottle has WPP (Warren Petroleum Products?) on it, its made by warren. The bottle is different looking from the G stamped bottle. Where I'm from in the South, both are on the shelf at times. And the gallon jug and the quart are always with the gallon being a G and the quarts having WPP on them. The labels even have different wording on them. The synthetic quarts of 10w30 says it has an add. to help older cars seals...the gallon synthetic doesn't. I guess Walley World will contract the cheapest supplier that will meet the specs. "

ST synthetic at the local Walmart has L E E on the bottom of the bottle.
confused2.gif
21.gif

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
ST synthetic at the local Walmart has L E E on the bottom of the bottle.
confused2.gif
21.gif

Oh boy.... crank out the new responses Charlie!
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back