Compressor fittings: T or M

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we are talking air hose connectors?

Some people use one type for lubricated air and the other for clean air. Thus you cannot mix things up and contaminate a clean air hose or use a lubricated air hose for a paint sprayer.

I have done this to some extent.

There are also universal female connectors. They might come in handy in a few places.

Last edited:
I use the DeVilbiss High flow fittings with my 20 gallon. I have some HVLP guns and they work much nicer with them. Anything that uses a lot of air like a D/A sander or paint gun almost requires a HV fitting, especially with a smaller compressor.

Originally Posted By: Russ300H
I use the DeVilbiss High flow fittings with my 20 gallon. I have some HVLP guns and they work much nicer with them. Anything that uses a lot of air like a D/A sander or paint gun almost requires a HV fitting, especially with a smaller compressor.

I am not sure I agree. The main loss is in the air hose not the fittings. If you need a lot of air for say a 3/4" or 1" impact, you need 1/2" hose and fittings. And a big compressor and tank.

Originally Posted By: Donald
Are we are talking air hose connectors?

Some people use one type for lubricated air and the other for clean air. Thus you cannot mix things up and contaminate a clean air hose or use a lubricated air hose for a paint sprayer.

I have done this to some extent.

There are also universal female connectors. They might come in handy in a few places.

Correct. i am speaking of the couplers and the reason for 2 different types.

I have also had some issues with the quality control of the air hose connectors from HF. They hiss, you fool with them and they stop only to hiss again in 5 minutes. But I have a bunch of HF connectors, some probably 20 years old. Things could be better now.

I have also had some issues with the quality control of the air hose connectors from HF. They hiss, you fool with them and they stop only to hiss again in 5 minutes. But I have a bunch of HF connectors, some probably 20 years old. Things could be better now.

thats because HF sells Industrial, commercial, and automotive all will leak if you try to interchange.

I accidentally got one box of each... oops.

Last edited:
I have a small craftsman pancake compressor. After filling the tires this past December, I was immediately in search of a better hose as the stock hose had almost no flexibility in freezing temps. That led me to discover quick connect adapters. I'm now using a 25' HF rubber hose with their brass quick connect adapters and nozzles. Haven't had any issues with leaks, I use blue monster PTFE tape. Bought a Goodyear 50' rubber hose and use brass connectors from the Home Depot bins.

I buy the industrial connectors (red tags in the bins) and they've worked fine with my compressor's quick connect coupler.

yea most of the HF ones are industrial.. but if you dig you can find the automotive fairly easily ..

see the difference?

238-DCP1.eps.jpg

238-DCP21.eps.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Rand

thats because HF sells Industrial, commercial, and automotive all will leak if you try to interchange.

I accidentally got one box of each... oops.

All the ones from HF are industrial. The ones that leak, look fine, but the machining must be slightly off.

I also had air leaks with HF fittings.
I treated myself to a Milton S755 M-style coupler, with steel drag guard. There is a difference. It's very nice to use, and almost no air loss when disconnecting and no air loss when inserting.
MTNS755.jpg

Originally Posted By: spackard
I also had air leaks with HF fittings.
I treated myself to a Milton S755 M-style coupler, with steel drag guard. There is a difference. It's very nice to use, and almost no air loss when disconnecting and no air loss when inserting.
MTNS755.jpg

Is this still an industrial type of coupler? Does it fit HF male connectors?

M-style is industrial

The part from HF that leaked on me was one of their male plugs. I'm sure it would fit one of their industrial plugs, but I tossed mine.
They sell both industrial and automotive styles.

From Milton's catalog (below) they make about a dozen styles; three are refered to as industrial and three Tru-Flate:

36 700-1700-1800 AIR COUPLERS & PLUGS: M STYLE- INDUSTRIAL INTERCHANGE
37 700-1700-1801 AIR COUPLERS & PLUGS: H & G STYLE- INDUSTRIAL INTERCHANGE
38 700-1700-1802 AIR COUPLERS & PLUGS: A&AA STYLE- ARO 210 & 310 INTERCHANGE
39 700-1700-1803 AIR COUPLERS & PLUGS: T STYLE- TRU-FLATE/PARKER INTERCHANGE
40 700-1700-1804 AIR COUPLERS & PLUGS: P STYLE- TRU-FLATE/PARKER INTERCHANGE
41 700-1700-1805 AIR COUPLERS & PLUGS: G STYLE- TRU-FLATE/PARKER INTERCHANGE
42 700-1700-1806 AIR COUPLERS & PLUGS: V STYLE- HIGH FLOW INTERCHANGE
43 700-1700-1807 AIR COUPLERS & PLUGS: D STYLE DIAMOND-U INTERCHANGE & SAFETY COUPLERS
44 700-1700-1808 AIR COUPLERS & PLUGS: AMT STYLE- 3 WAY COUPLERS & STRAIGHT THRU
COUPLERS & PLUGS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back