'96 Dodge Grand Caravan 3.3L Spark Plug Access

Status
Not open for further replies.
'96 Dodge Grand Caravan with 3.3L needs the spark plugs changed. It has the original plugs with 134k miles on them. The gap on the front plugs is 0.085" & new is 0.050". What's the best way to replace the back (near firewall) 3 spark plugs to save me time, frustration, etc.? Not a lot of room, of course, since its a minivan. Does the manifold need to come off?

Thanks.

Originally Posted By: NHGUY
Remove the wiper tray module.

^^^this^^^

Removing the upper intake plenum was one way to make rear spark plug access easier on previous generation Caravan/Voyagers. Not sure if it's the same deal on the 96 and up models

Thanks for the tip & video link on the wiper arm/cowl removal. That looks like it might do the trick. I appreciate the help.

on the '03, if you don't mind getting up close and personal, you can just bear-hug the
cool.gif
engine and do it by feel. If you have reasonable skills and aren't afraid to get dirty, it worked for me.

Originally Posted By: meep
on the '03, if you don't mind getting up close and personal, you can just bear-hug the
cool.gif
engine and do it by feel. If you have reasonable skills and aren't afraid to get dirty, it worked for me.

Agreed. That's the way I do it, and sometimes from the bottom.

Removing the wiper tray assembly doesn't provide enough access. the intake plenum must be removed on these earlier Caravans. I guess I'll get an intake plenum gasket, Felpro MS94566 $3. Should I go ahead & get manifold cover gaskets & replace them now as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back