What's this all about? Ticket for parking

Status
Not open for further replies.
My son called me a bit PO'ed. He moved from Whidbey Island to San Diego when he got his new Military orders back in Sept. Anyway last week his wife got a $60 ticket for Wheel Cramping? The ticket said the car was parked facing down hill and the wheels were not cramped. I know what that means and how to park on a hill, but give me a break. He said the hill was a joke, the car was in park and the parking brake was on. Is this how desperate the state of California is? This is the first this NY'er ever heard of anything like this.

Actually, CA is going to be in surplus thanks to Jerry Brown and a Democrat majority who managed to raise taxes on the wealthy.

San Diego is such a nice place to live that even Mitt Romney has a house there.

I bet Mitt and Jerry wouldn't have gotten that ticket? LOL I'm guessing it must be quota time? What a frigging joke. I can honestly say in my nearly 40 years of driving I have never heard of anything like this.

Agree it's a [censored] ticket, but the law is the law. Ignorance is not an excuse, nor is disagreeing with it.

I'd just pay it and consider it a lesson learned the hard way.

I received a jay walking ticket there. I was in the cross walk but didn't have the walk light. No traffic visible so I crossed. As I walked down the street I saw some officers standing there and received a $100 ticket. I told the lady at the hotel about this making small talk and she said she received one also. She never paid it and after a few years it skyrocketed to $1200.

Originally Posted By: dparm
Agree it's a [censored] ticket, but the law is the law. Ignorance is not an excuse, nor is disagreeing with it.

They are paying it, and a lesson was learned. I just never heard of it, they'd clean up in NY with that law on the books.

In Kalifornia, usually parking tickets are given out by the local city and county government for their own revenue. Yes, these kind of tickets are given out all the time and at least it wouldn't give you any points on your license that increase your insurance premium. San Diego was doing bad after the housing bust, and even during the good times they give out these kind of tickets all the time.

$60 is small change compare to the $200 speeding ticket with $100 court fee and $100 driver's ed course, all to avoid a $300/yr increase of your insurance premium for 3 years.

Wow! I wonder how much pollution comes from idling engines to make power steering and from the rubber dust generated by scrubbing tires.
48.gif

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
My son called me a bit PO'ed. He moved from Whidbey Island to San Diego when he got his new Military orders back in Sept. Anyway last week his wife got a $60 ticket for Wheel Cramping? The ticket said the car was parked facing down hill and the wheels were not cramped. I know what that means and how to park on a hill, but give me a break. He said the hill was a joke, the car was in park and the parking brake was on. Is this how desperate the state of California is? This is the first this NY'er ever heard of anything like this.

I've had cramps in my back and my calfs at knight, but wheel cramping? What is that. You also said the e-brake was applied. Wouldn't that be enough? Some coppers have nothing better to do that go after the easy stuff. That's what ticks me. We have big crime problems and the cops worry about stupid [censored] like this. Gotta luv 'em...

Originally Posted By: johnnydc
Originally Posted By: demarpaint

I've had cramps in my back and my calfs at knight, but wheel cramping? What is that. You also said the e-brake was applied. Wouldn't that be enough? Some coppers have nothing better to do that go after the easy stuff. That's what ticks me. We have big crime problems and the cops worry about stupid [censored] like this. Gotta luv 'em...

Spoken like a fellow NY'er!!!!! From what I quickly learned today Wheel Cramping is turning the wheels toward the curb when facing down hill. I drive stick and do it all the time, only I never called it Cramping. My son was taught the same way, I guess his wife wasn't. CA figured out a way to make money off of it. The brake was on, it must be quota time.

I have a lot more to say but its probably best I stop here I don't want to piz off any police officers.

i got caught burning a red light without stopping prior to turning right. they had video and my mugshot sent to me..surprised how clear my picture was lol. got it with a rental car!! budget charged me 25$. cali never sent me a ticket though.. since im from way out of state up in mtl..lol.

mtl cops same deal..anything for money...

Originally Posted By: FoxS
Actually, CA is going to be in surplus thanks to Jerry Brown and a Democrat majority who managed to raise taxes on the wealthy.

San Diego is such a nice place to live that even Mitt Romney has a house there.

Why did they just add 4 cents a gallon tax to the already highest priced gasoline in the country?

Originally Posted By: dparm

No way!
Unless this was a case where there actually was a real risk that someone may be harmed, I'd say that it was, Cops having nothing better to do or a Cash Cow or harassment.
In the latter I'd take it to court and run up some court time, let a JP decide if these cases are justified.

Civil disobedience can have a place if garbage like this takes hold.

I got the same ticket while living in San Diego back in 2006. I was peeeeeeed off...
Revenue generation... I think it was a 1/2 degree hill.

Last edited:
I agree with mechtech2. Although it would really make me mad, you would waste more of your time in court and probably have to pay the ticket anyway.

They've already paid the ticket. My son took a picture and emailed it to me showing the so called hill. What a crock of horse poo. The state is on the balls of its arse, and this is just a way of raising cash. You have to pick your fights, for $60 this one isn't worth it. I would have thought with all the active duty Military stickers [parking etc.] on the vehicle the cop would have had the brains to let it slide, especially on this joke of a hill. I guess not. As already mentioned live and learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back