Auto-RX Maintenance Dose - Gray Grime is GONE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy smokes.

I recently posted a thread regarding some gray grime that I found on the dipstick of my new Chevy Silverado.

At the time, the consensus was that I may be experiencing the infamous GM intake manifold issue, and that the grime was probably coolant circulating in the oil.

After my first UOA - Pennzoil 5W30 at approx. 4300 miles on a truck that had just over 9000 miles in total - the results confirmed that no coolant was found in the oil, and that the wear numbers on the engine were incredibly low. However, the insolubles number -
I added my first maintenance dose of Auto-RX - approx. 3 oz. - several days ago, at approx. 10,240 miles on the engine. I just checked the dipstick as I routinely do every few days.

The gray grime is completely gone. Not just reduced, but GONE.

No one was able to give me a good explanation for what the grime might have been, but whatever it was, I guess it's been liquified and hopefully being collected in my Mobil 1-101 filter.

I had the same problem in my Volvo. I figured it was from condensation getting past the dip stick seal. Mine was more of a goo not grime. Put on a new O-ring seal on the dip stick problem solved.
Of course that was before I found BITOG and Auto-Rx which I do run as a maintenance dose also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back