Auto-RX question..Another one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Appologies for being repetative, im sure u have had these questions 100's of times.

I have just ordered some Auto-RX(2 bottles).

I have a Volvo S60 T5(2.3 Turbo 310Bhp). I state the bph figure just incase its relevant as i was wodering if its ok to drive the car hard while Auto-RX is in the vehicle?

Also, i was wondering if it would be best to change the oil before i put the ARX in. The oil was changed 3k ago.

Im due for a service in about 2k miles. So should i wait then to put the Auto RX in?

Shall i put the whole of the contents of one bottle in for the cleaning phase?

Sorry for the many questions, just dont want to waste my bottles without putting them to optimum use.

I will report back with my findings once used, and hopfully spread the word acorss britain if the news is good!
wink.gif

M.

Ok, how much of the bottle should i put into my car? All of it?

And then use the second bottle as a maintanence phase?

M.

It depends on how many quarts/litres your crankcase and oil filter hold.

The formula calls for 2 ounces per quart.

The formula called for me to put in 9 ounces, but I checked with Frank and he said it was ok to put al 12 ounces in, which is what I wanted to do as I wasn't going to use the other 3 ounces anytime soon.

You may want to consider changing the filter before adding the bottle ...but if not ..no harm no foul ...just add it and change your oil when scheduled

I recentely read a post on Autoblog on May 27,05 John, had 90,000 miles on his Saab the engine had to be replaced it was plugged with sludge at a cost of $6,000 Saab refused to pay for it.

John had the car serviced at all recommended intervals.Auto-RX would have prevented this problem.I have used Auto-RX in two engines for the past four years it works I use 3oz.at each oil change as a preventive maintenance program.

How many miles on this unit? Is the 3000 current miles on dino or synthetic, currently in the crankcase. If the unit has high miles, or shows signs of sludging, you are looking at two applications. If not run a cleaning phase and rinse. Use bottle number 2 as a maintenance dose. Total of 2 ounces added with each oil change.

Could someone inform me if putting Auto-RX into the power steering improved it at all?

M.

quote:

Originally posted by mighty:
Could someone inform me if putting Auto-RX into the power steering improved it at all?

M.

There are documented instances of Auto-RX helping to reduce and, in some cases, stop leakage from the power steering pumps of several users.

I have only used the complete cleaning regimen on a well-maintained Saab 900S. I began to hear lifter noise when idling in heavy heat with the A/C on. After my clean and rinse phase, the lifter noise was gone.

This stuff works, and works well in many applications. Good luck!

A quick question on Auto-RX; can it be added after an oil change? I prefer to get my oil changed at a local place. Can I just add the bottle once the mechanic is done with the oil change? Would it mix correctly with the oil on its own? Since the amount of Auto-RX added is small, it should not cause any overfill.

Would this approach work? The place uses some generic 10W-30 dyno oil. I can probably ask them the specific brand.

Thanks,
- Vikas

Absoulutely Auto-Rx is not petrolueum based so oil is just a carrier. What increase this might mean on your oil dipstick will be gone in a hundred miles and is of no harm.

Right i have just recieved my order of Auto-rx!

So im hopfing to tell of of britain how great this stuff is! lol

Few questions if someone wouldnt mind answering sepearately just for peace of mind sake.

I had put Engine restore in my oil 2,000 miles ago, would it be ok to put ARX in with it, or best to change to new oil?

Also, if say my car takes 5 litres of oil, including the half litre that goes into the oil filter, how much of ARX should i put in?

Is it ok to put the whole bottle in?

Thanks, M.

I would change the oil to remove any competing additives from the Restore, and change the filter. Also I would use the full bottle of Auto-Rx in your engine.

smile.gif

I agree with 59 Vetterman.It is also important to follow the instructions, the first time I used it four years ago i did not use it correctly and had to start over again.

I have used every product on the market and Auto-RX works.I use 2oz.Auto-RX as a maintenance program at every oil change.

Another question my good people.

How much ARX should i put in my gearbox, and how long should i run it in for?

I dont yet know how much oil is needed for my S60 T5.

M.

Ok mate.

Sorry to sound simple, but i just want to make sure im doing it all correctly, when you say an ounce of ARX per quarter of oil, a quarter of what exactly? lol

Have many people reported back with noticable improvement in transmission after using ARX?

Thanks for putting up with my 101 questions!

M.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back