Whats it worth- 93 Mustang GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
The e-brake works- I spend more time underneath the car than I did up top so the owner was concerned and just as a safety precaution he put the pieces of wood underneath the wheels.

The steering wheel is tuned a bit to the right, you can tell by looking at the wheel in one of the angled shots
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Striker
Your Civic has no relevance in the least bit in this thread. Not even in the same stratosphere friend
smile.gif

No rust on the car at all guys.

Trav- you see anything offensive in terms of it possibly being repainted? Someone mentioned earlier it was repainted but I cant tell.
I ve owned many of these cars - they arent really good cars. Fox chassis is garbage with poor handling. They make killer drag cars, though. The Mustang II chassis handles MUCH better - I had a mild-build and tune Cobra mustang II which I liked. How could foxes be "collector" status with zillions off them still out there? If I owned another fox it would be a Zephyr or a Fairmont 'sleeper' with a stock '93 lincoln MK VIII INTECH DOHC V8 swap.
182235_112415045500676_109113882497459_98484_6223695_n-2.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting. I've yet to drive the car, but if I recall correct, the owner said its quiet under load too. Perhaps its the headers and the flowmaster that downs it out.

How often are fluid changes recommended? First mod is a fluid cooler kit from Paxton.

I changed mine out every 500 miles.The oil cooler will help alot with how hot the blower gets. You can get the cooler from these guys--->

http://www.cundnracing.com/PaxtonSNupgrades.html

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
Your Civic has no relevance in the least bit in this thread. Not even in the same stratosphere friend
smile.gif

No rust on the car at all guys.

Trav- you see anything offensive in terms of it possibly being repainted? Someone mentioned earlier it was repainted but I cant tell.
I ve owned many of these cars - they arent really good cars. Fox chassis is garbage with poor handling. They make killer drag cars, though. The Mustang II chassis handles MUCH better - I had a mild-build and tune Cobra mustang II which I liked. How could foxes be "collector" status with zillions off them still out there? If I owned another fox it would be a Zephyr or a Fairmont 'sleeper' with a stock '93 lincoln MK VIII INTECH DOHC V8 swap.
182235_112415045500676_109113882497459_98484_6223695_n-2.jpg

The '87-'93 GTs were almost iconic right out of the box. They were the car to have in the early '90s, hugely popular among car enthusiasts through the early 2000s until most of them were torn up, and now someone who might have had a ragged out one in college 10-15 years ago might be looking for a pristine one like they always wanted. Even a nice 5.0 LX notch is a pretty sought after car these days.

I think in the early 90s the Fox Mustang was probably featured in more movies than any other car. Roadhouse anyone?

My favorite Mustang reference is Menace II Society...search for "Menace II Society Up Those Daytons" on You Tube (cannot direct link due to language).
"I want yo **** Daytons and yo **** stereo...and I'll take a double burger wit cheese!"
i320326.jpg

And the truth is, there aren't zillions still out there. Lots of these got wrecked, rusted out, or just beaten to death.

smile.gif

Striker, though that is true.. Unfortunately, the 2001 movie "The Fast And The Furious" makes people think that is NOT true.
smile.gif

The%2BFast%2Band%2BThe%2BFurious%2BToyota%2BSupra%2B%2BVS%2B1970%2BDodge%2BCharger%2BJump.jpg

ff_089ChargerSupra.jpg

And yes, I know that's a Supra. Unsure what hte purple muscle car is, though. (And I read that was a fully-built Chevy engine.. NO IDEA how they did that stunt.)

[/quote]

The '87-'93 GTs were almost iconic right out of the box. They were the car to have in the early '90s, hugely popular among car enthusiasts through the early 2000s until most of them were torn up, and now someone who might have had a ragged out one in college 10-15 years ago might be looking for a pristine one like they always wanted. Even a nice 5.0 LX notch is a pretty sought after car these days.

I think in the early 90s the Fox Mustang was probably featured in more movies than any other car. Roadhouse anyone?

My favorite Mustang reference is Menace II Society...search for "Menace II Society Up Those Daytons" on You Tube (cannot direct link due to language).
"I want yo **** Daytons and yo **** stereo...and I'll take a double burger wit cheese!"
i320326.jpg

And the truth is, there aren't zillions still out there. Lots of these got wrecked, rusted out, or just beaten to death.
[/quote]

Best response I've read on here yet. I just wanted to see if I was in the ballpark figure, it surprises me how some think a rusted out one, and a mint one is worth the same kinda cash lol. I've seen a handful of foxes, and not a lot of those were mint.

Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl

That's all you usually see down here for sale. Modded up cut pieces of garbage with hardly an OEM part on them. Poorly repaired crashes, cheapo shade tree engine and trans swaps, etc.

Buy at your own risk, I haven't seen more than one or two I'd buy.

And I like them! A terrific street car.

I wonder what the Q/mi times on this one are.

As to price: Right about $9000.

1993 Ford Mustang LX Tremec TKO 5sp 5.0 Thousands Invested - $9000 (Car is in Derry,NH )

http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/cto/3626327223.html

1993 Ford Mustang LX Tremec TKO 5sp 5.0 Thousands Invested

This car is in New Hampshire now and pictures taken in North Reading.

3K23I13Fe5N55G95M6d2if8b8d8f6d49c1a15.jpg

3L43M73Ha5Ed5K45J9d2i9ecec962199f11ed.jpg

3G63M23o35N75I75J6d2i192e461f97211b5f.jpg

3Fc3Ld3o85L55I95H8d2ic589c5b2ee9415b2.jpg

Miles on car 136k

Motor rebuilt about 36k miles

New E303 cam with roller rockers

New block

30lb injectors

KYB Shocks

BBK springs

Cobra Computer

1 5/8" Headers

Power steering
Power Windows
Power Mirrors

4 New Red Hawk Tires 225/50R 16"

Tremec TKO HD 5-Speed Transmission

Clutch has about 20k miles

Plus lots more.

Call John for more info

Phone number on pictures to avoid scraper software.
Asking $9000.00 or BRO.

That's odd, when the Fairmont/Zephyr came out, it was praised for handling much better than what the competition was offering.

Maybe compared to today's standards it handles poorly, but compared to what it faced in the market place in the fall of 1977, it was a sports sedan/wagon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back