Ametech Engine restore

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the opinion from you guys about this product?

Im tempted in trying it on my car but not sure if it will be safe or not.

If you believe the hype this thing is the next best thing since sliced bread...And sliced bread was big back in the day.

Product in question>> web page

M.

It's been discussed before and it's available almost everywhere here in the US. Basically powdered metal in a can.

-T

quote:

Originally posted by T-Keith:
It's been discussed before and it's available almost everywhere here in the US. Basically powdered metal in a can.

-T

Yeah, but it's smart metal, it knows just where to go in your engine and attach itself.
lol.gif

So whats the best engine additive out their that helps restore your engine to some degree?

M.

quote:

Originally posted by mighty:
So whats the best engine additive out their that helps restore your engine to some degree?

M.

Money.
grin.gif

Of the stuff that you pour in the oil fill hole, ARx seems to work.

Sorry, but what is ARX and FP?

Im from the uk! lol Dont suppose we have them over here? Anyone able to point me to a website that will deliver those products to the uk?

M.

quote:

Originally posted by mighty:
Sorry, but what is ARX and FP?

Im from the uk! lol Dont suppose we have them over here? Anyone able to point me to a website that will deliver those products to the uk?

M.

ARX- A natural based engine cleaner designed to remove sludge and does an excellent job of bringing back the potentinal, recondition seals and gaskets of a given engine. Auto-rx is made by Frank. He is one of our site sponsors and a very knowledgable gentlemen. Check out www.auto-rx.com

FP-Stands for Fuel Power. Here again one of our other site sponsors and the creator is named Odis. Talk to "Jeff" goes by the name of "lcd" on this site. FP is a gentle fuel system additive that helps to slowly clean the fuel system over time and helps to lubricate fuel system for maximum performance and life. Check out www.lubecontrol.com AR

I've actually had good results with "engine restore"... thus far, it's the ONLY addative I have found capable of reducing and/or removing my lifter ticking. Also made for smoother startups in the winter. (less jerky vibrations in the inicial few seconds of running). I've stopped using it latally, because I am worried about what effects it might have on sludge buildup. But i'm considering going back to using it with each change like I was for awhile there. I've been meaning to try ARX. if I do i'll certainly post my results.

I've seen chemical analysis on this stuff.

All I can say is that the Chemist was not impressed!

Cheers
Simon

I tried it in a Chevy Van with a 350 that
had almost 300,000 miles on it. The only problem
was it had bad valve guides and it was getting
in to number 8 cylinder and would foul the plug
The stuff is really nasty when it burns.
I would stay away from it

I think www.xado.com is the best. This product is also proven to reduce fuelconsumption. It is based on a sort of liquid ceramic that reacts with heat(like ARX) and mixes with the small metal particles in the oil. I am using it myself in my engine, transmission and powersteering. With this stuff, they have won Paris-Dakar Rally in 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2006 in the truck class. You can look at spesifications untill your face turn green, but untill you have tried the product, you will just have to wonder if this is just smart marketing. The product was developed by the Ucrainian military and have several patents. One engine treatment will last some 70-80K miles. I saved my gearbox with this stuff. There are a lot of products out there, with bold claims. Some of them may be good. At least this stuff is. I have no interest in this stuff, but I am driving some 150 miles every day and this stuff saves money.

If the mighty "Ucrainian military" [sic] developed this stuff,it probably A) causes irreversible reproductive harm to humans
B) Was designed to make their clunky, crude, boxy military vehicles' doors open less creakily, C) Has at least some spent uranium content and D) any combination of the above.

I don't think this stuff has a place in any component of any of my motorized vehicles.

It's the same stuff as Friction Free 3000.

Suspended metals. IMHO, only good for a smoker.

Really messes up a Used Oil Analysis.

Strjock81. You really seems to know everything. How is it then possible for them to win the Paris-Dakar rally? Not one time, but 5 times? Do you even know what Paris-Dakar is? It is not like taking a trip from NY to New Jersey. I bet you don't know. You probably don't know what you are talking about, then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back