Pennzoil dexos1 Synthetic Blend 5w30 now available

Status
Not open for further replies.
as a 5-qt jug

8504563573_f76a451d22_b.jpg

8505672722_e3def44915_b.jpg

I was also happy to see M1 HM in 5w20, but someone already posted that

So the two blends that meet dexos 1 are PZ and MaxLife. Additive technology must have come along way. I guess you could technically use a "blend" in a new Corvette.

Originally Posted By: buster
So the two blends that meet dexos 1 are PZ and MaxLife. Additive technology must have come along way. I guess you could technically use a "blend" in a new Corvette.

+1. This is probably the best conventional oil you can buy that does not have the controversial seal sweller/conditioner additives.

Does the Corvette spec Dexos1 now?

I hope we get the jugs at our WM. So far we have only got the quart bottles (a little more expensive). I would seriously consider this oil. If it meets dexos1 the NOACK is similar to PP.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
Originally Posted By: buster

+1. This is probably the best conventional oil you can buy that does not have the controversial seal sweller/conditioner additives.

Does the Corvette spec Dexos1 now?

+1

Yeah it calls for dexos 1. Looking at the LZ chart, the dexos 1 spec is pretty stringent. More so than the basic SN/GF-5.

FWIW, the seal conditioners (from everything I've read) should be of no concern.
49.gif

Quote:
Valvoline seal reconditioners used in the MaxLife High Mileage Oils, are not swelling additives. The seal reconditioners used in our formula help to condition the seals back to their original elastic form and shape, to allow proper sealing, but not swelling.

Originally Posted By: salv
castrol syntech blend and valvoline durablend are dexos approved also.

True...lets face it...either the higher tier "syns" are not worth as much as they cost for most vehicles OR dexos1 is not that stringent of a spec and more of a money making ploy by GM. I am sure the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
The important question-how much?

$16.27

sorry about the flash

My Walmart updated their oil section recently. They added
M1 0w-20 jugs
M1 0w-30 jugs
M1 0w-40 jugs/quarts
Rotella T6 jugs
Pennzoil Synthetic-Blend jugs
Still have to go to the Walmart in the next town over for Royal Purple, G-Oil, M1 15w-50, PP 0w-20, and PU jugs.

1snnrp.jpg

1gr7s9.jpg

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah
$16.27 according to the tag beneath it...

Has at LEAST 50% syn in it.

Totally worth it for only $0.80 more than PYB

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah
$16.27 according to the tag beneath it...

Has at LEAST 50% syn in it.

Is it really 50% Group III? Great value. MaxLife has a good slug of syn too, but I don't know how much.

Yeah it seems like a great deal, better than Motorcraft oil which isn't the value it used to be

Originally Posted By: tommygunn
Originally Posted By: daves87rs
The important question-how much?

$16.27

sorry about the flash

Not Bad!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back