15 round magazines in California

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are fine having the ones that came with your gun since they are pre-ban. You cannot purchase 10+ round capacity magazines in CA currently unless you are Government or a Law Enforcement Officer, or have a proper FFL.

From what I read, if you're caught with 10+ round mags, no matter what, there is no grandfather clause, you must destroy them or modify them to only hold 10.
good going dianne frankenstein.
Either way, if you're an LEO or FFL holder with the proper permit, you're ok, but you're better off storing those 15 mags away and buying a few 10's.

You guys in the States have to get this gun control mess to stop.

One day you won't be free at all anymore, this is a big, BIG sign.

Free people on this planet are a minority by far, most countries are corrupt dictatorships and this is how stuff like that starts.

Freedom isn't free, if some people have an accident with a firearm it is a miniscule price to pay for when a Government can throw you in a cell and torture you for your beliefs.

Guns are the only thing that keeps people free, it is a fact. I find it really upsetting what is going on in the States with all of this right now.

Originally Posted By: EricF
From what I read, if you're caught with 10+ round mags, no matter what, there is no grandfather clause, you must destroy them or modify them to only hold 10.
Either way, if you're an LEO or FFL holder with the proper permit, you're ok, but you're better off storing those 15 mags away and buying a few 10's.

Not true. They have to allow people that own them to keep them, look up ex post facto.

I actually have 15rd mags for my Glock and 25rd magazines for my M&P 15-22. It is only against the law to purchase, transfer ownership, or import in CA. I have heard from numerous LEOs that they do not arrest for possession at all.

Originally Posted By: Falken

Really just depends on what state you're in, states like California and New York are totally different worlds than states like Vermont (where you don't even need a permit to carry concealed, etc.)

Free people on this planet are a minority by far, most countries are corrupt dictatorships and this is how stuff like that starts.

Freedom isn't free, if some people have an accident with a firearm it is a miniscule price to pay for when a Government can throw you in a cell and torture you for your beliefs.

Guns are the only thing that keeps people free, it is a fact. I find it really upsetting what is going on in the States with all of this right now.

+1

What happened at Sandy Hook was TRAGIC, yes. But it was the act of ONE person. And all conspiracy stuff aside, (I find it pretty convincing, I am not talking about Batman movies I mean other things but let's not go there) EVEN IF, the thing is.. Law-abiding citizens don't go out and kill, because it is illegal..

Well spoken.

I don't get why the new generation doesn't see these endless limitation (NRA and 2nd amendment has won EVERY court challenge it should be a dead issue by now all the way up to and including the Supreme Court, DC vs Heller.. only a certain party's lawyers don't like that, but liked it when ACA was upheld as a Tax...) - It's bigger than what it is...

Gun control is a sensitive subject. There are some who do not want guns in their home and would rather talk an intruder into just leaving after they just crashed in the front door.

Me, I'm not one for talking as crashing through my front door would be upsetting to say the least. An intruder that crashes through the front door usually is not there to sell you girl scout cookies imho. I am absolutely sure that the intruder is not worried over the size of the gun magazine you have or do not have.

So, the OP wants info on magazine size and the law and such. Just buy some extra magazines and place them in different rooms of your home. Hey, you may need them someday.imho If anyone did not understand the above statement, I can rewrite it.PS: A friend of mine is a police-officer and he says to carry a backup of your choice, just like the officers. Why you say that, guns jam, they fall out of your hand, they run out of ammo.....

Last edited:
I might be wrong but did not someone I thinks named Stanza ot F
33.gif
anza have that on a hard drive??
wink.gif

I have been looking and researching other places and I am now reasonable certain I can have, and use the 15 round magazines as I purchased the gun and magazines before Jan 1 2000. This also applies to my 20 and 30 round magazines for my mini 14. Sweet!

I wonder how those laws would apply to a person who lived in a state permitting them to purchase clips > 10 rounds, having purchased said clip(s) after Jan 1 2000, and then moving to CA sometime after that?

Originally Posted By: another Todd
I have been looking and researching other places and I am now reasonable certain I can have, and use the 15 round magazines as I purchased the gun and magazines before Jan 1 2000. This also applies to my 20 and 30 round magazines for my mini 14. Sweet!

There is a NEW law proposed that will make those illegal and must be turned in or taken out of the Peoples republic if it passes and is signed (it will be signed so the pass is the part to be worried about)

Originally Posted By: JimPghPA
I wonder how those laws would apply to a person who lived in a state permitting them to purchase clips > 10 rounds, having purchased said clip(s) after Jan 1 2000, and then moving to CA sometime after that?

The CURRENT law those are illegal to bring into the state.

They are not clips...they are called magazines. Anything else is a sure sign that someone is watching to much MSNBC, CNN, or Hollywood garbage.

Originally Posted By: warrior
They are not clips...they are called magazines. Anything else is a sure sign that someone is watching to much MSNBC, CNN, or Hollywood garbage.

This, clips are used in M1 Garands and girls hair.

Originally Posted By: warrior
You got that right Warrior, congrats to a person who knows something.............

Locally here in Murrysville Pennsylvania (about 11 miles east of Pittsburgh Pennsylvania) a man lured his wife to go to an animal hospital by telling her that their dog had been hit. She went there with some friends and apparently got into some argument with the man, the friends got out of the vehicle and he shot and killed one of the friends and shot another friend who is now in the hospital, then took his own life. The news reporter said it is a good thing the gun only held 3 rounds.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
Originally Posted By: EricF

Not true. They have to allow people that own them to keep them, look up ex post facto.

I actually have 15rd mags for my Glock and 25rd magazines for my M&P 15-22. It is only against the law to purchase, transfer ownership, or import in CA. I have heard from numerous LEOs that they do not arrest for possession at all.

No one knows what tomorrow holds, but as of today previous possessed magazines over 10 rds are legal in CA.

I host monthly BLM cleanups and during the past 3 months Rangers, Border Patrol and/or Sheriffs have stopped to talk to us on every occasion and not one has mentioned anything about my 30 rd. magazines (AKM). Have had these since '95 and never had an issue.

Importing "standard" (people must move away from the term "high-cap" when applicable) capacity mags is a crime, but previous possession is not. Rebuild kits are also legal as long as the kits themselves are not used to manufacture a standard cap. mag.

Thanks
laugh.gif
. When I bought it all the Magpul furniture on it was green, I had them change it to black to look more evil. The store was happy to oblige.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back