9x18 ammo - where to find??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interestingly we had a friendly debate several years ago here about cost and availability of 9X18 vs 9X19 ammo. I guess both sides didn't win that one!

Luckily I have a decently huge stash of 9X19.

And fortunately I bought two CZ-82's for a song the other week and they are very nice. I quite like to plink with them, and well, I have ZERO ammo. Bought two boxes at the gun show and that was gone very shortly.

So anyone have a low cost source for 9x18 plinking ammo?

Just about everyone is out of all kinds of ammo. Cheaper than dirt, the armory, midway, all are out of stock. Everyone is stocking up on even odd ammo for the guns they own.

We keep coming back to the reloading subject...

Esp when you get into the not so common calibers.

Since 9x18 is rare (I really don't think I've ever seen a box in a store) it prob goes pretty quick when it shows up.

For the manufactures it would be a production run that only happens a few times a year. With the current climate it may be a long time before they get to it.

Wish I could help. Is once fired brass available? If so maybe you will get into reloading sooner than you thought!

Take care, Bill

PS: Speaking of long time.. The words "low cost" and ammo in the same sentence will be rare...

Good luck.

I luckily stocked up on everything 4-5 years ago and am ready for, well, just about anything.

I think I saw some 9x18 at Bass Pro Shop, but that was back in September. I would just scour gun shows for it now. Ammo manufacturers are concentrating on .223 and .308 right now since that is where the demand is. I was reading a market report and all the major ammo manufacturers were not supporting reloading either, all the raw materials were going into finished ammo.

That is why you buy primers by the thousands and bullets the same way.

Just got my order of 3,000 9mm 125 gn bullets that I ordered 2 weeks ago.

But you are correct, with the government buying millions of rounds plus the current climate everything is harder to get.

Originally Posted By: Turk
Good luck.

I luckily stocked up on everything 4-5 years ago and am ready for, well, just about anything.

Yeah, I had a huge stash of ammo of the calibers I owned (before the boating accident). Then I gave that ammo away and suddenly the karma gods smiled upon me with these two CZ-82's. Not having the time to reload until I retire, I am saddled with the unfortunate burden of owning two guns and no ammo.

Yes, I know - "buy a shotgun".

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Interestingly we had a friendly debate several years ago here about cost and availability of 9X18 vs 9X19 ammo. I guess both sides didn't win that one!

And fortunately I bought two CZ-82's for a song the other week and they are very nice. I quite like to plink with them, and well, I have ZERO ammo. Bought two boxes at the gun show and that was gone very shortly.

Oh Boy, The libs are not going to like this thread. Might even propose a ban on BITOG.
lol.gif

Yeah, I had a huge stash of ammo of the calibers I owned (before the boating accident).

You had a boating accident too? I thought I was the only one that lost all my guns in a tragic canoeing accident in a kiddy pool.

Somebody should delete that thread from a few years ago where everyone was listing the guns they owned. Tragically, the few I 'fessed up to owning there have also been lost to a boating accident.

Pablo, the only place I have ever seen 9x18 is gun shows and Academy Sports, which actually stocks that caliber.

I think I would just check the big online places a couple of times a day and when you see some in stock, order it in.

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah
That is why you buy primers by the thousands and bullets the same way.

Just got my order of 3,000 9mm 125 gn bullets that I ordered 2 weeks ago.

But you are correct, with the government buying millions of rounds plus the current climate everything is harder to get.

Indeed, and IMO these massive purchases by govt agencies have a calculated goal of creating shortages for civilians and inflating prices beyond civilians reach.

"...the DHS has now secured over the last 10 months stands at around 1.625 billion...To put that in perspective, during the height of active battle operations in Iraq, US soldiers used 5.5 million rounds of ammunition a month. Extrapolating the figures, the DHS has purchased enough bullets over the last 10 months to wage a full scale war for almost 30 years."

Read more here DHS Purchases 21.6 Million More Rounds of Ammunition

A shop here stocks plenty of it. I will buy you 9x18 ammo in trade for 9x19 Luger.

9X18 [Makarov ammo] has always been kinda rare anywhere, in retail stores. And it was priced high!
Online in bulk was the only sensible way to get any.
Now, like everything else, ammo is bought out .
BTW, I could use some!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back