Here we go again....

Status
Not open for further replies.
1996, Oz brought in "uniform" gun laws (i.e. allegedly no difference state to state, stopping cross border traffic)...as previously mentioned, .40Cal glocks, never, ever legal to own are now the weapon of choice.

Purchase of a firearm was changed to requiring a "Permit to acquire", where one would pay the fee, and fill in the form, wait the pre-requisite number of cooling off days (regardless of whether you already had a gun, and could use it for nefarious purposes)...and when approved, has a couple of weeks to find the gun that you wanted to fill the permit with.

We've got a "Shooters and Fishers" political party down here, and with election, they have some minority powers, that they hold over Govt's head to get sensible stuff (allowing gun owners to cull feral animals in national parks) for things like selling off public assets. (Selling the state lottery for less than 3 years profits is perfect example).

While "battling" with govt over a new legislation, TPTB have directed the registry to implement a new "regulation".

www.shootersandfishers.org.au/files/6/2048703869/pta.pdf

Now, I need to find and negotiate the exact firearm that I want to buy, serial number included before submitting a PTA, paying the $30 and waiting "at least" two weeks...if a better example shows up in the meantime, repeat the process and the payment.

Ammunition purchases are logged as to name and address...great, thanks for that. The state already knows that the database has been hacked, and abiding citizens are now targets.

And I can only buy ammo for guns that I am registered to. Can't buy .303 to borrow old mate's .30 for a military shoot (which my licence allows), and if I want to buy ammo for a pistol calibred carbine, I need to present my registration certificate demonstrating same.

All this allegedly because crims shoot crims (and innocent people) with pistols. Pistols which have never been available without just cause, genuine need, and licencing, ever in the history of the colony.

You guys don't have a Second Amendment, huh? We do. For now. At the rate we are going, I can see regulations not unlike yours, it just takes a bit more creative interpretation of our constitution. Our crims and crazies aren't going to be dealt with effectively, so we must regulate the rest of us.

This is kind of like throwing the baby out with the bath water; or better yet, declaring that no babies should be bathed because some babies get soap in their eyes!

I expect ammo and gun sales to increase before these incredibly stupid laws go into effect.

California used to have a drivers license law for ammo sales but it was dropped because no single crime case was aided by it.

These regulations exist solely to impede law abiding citizen's access to firearms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back