5W-20 Mobil-1 High Millage??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey People`s, I was at my local Wal-Mart last evening. And on the shelf (where they have the MB-1 HM oil`s) was a stand alone 5W-20 High Millage oil!! I was going to take a picture of it, but I don't know how to download it on here anyway. The funny thing is, it is not yet posted on the MB-1 web site. And, it was the only bottle that was there? Not even a place for it on the shelf? I should have bought it.
frown.gif
I hope they start making this stuff!, and WM carries it.

Originally Posted By: JAM25
They sell those where I'm from!! Mobil 1 Full Synthetic High Mileage 5W-20. I hope that's what you meant!

Thats it!
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
Never seen it or heard of it. You shoulda got a pic!

Im going to stop there again after work. Hope it is still there.

Its only natural... there are a TON of 5w20 engines out there getting up in the 200k plus mile range. I'd say this is better for them than switching them to a 30-wt to get a HM oil.

Originally Posted By: 440Magnum
Its only natural... there are a TON of 5w20 engines out there getting up in the 200k plus mile range. I'd say this is better for them than switching them to a 30-wt to get a HM oil.

Although that's likely what the oil is. A thicker 20 grade with seal conditioners and stronger add pack. Likely more zddp since warranty isn't an issue.
He mobils high mileage variety isn't a synthetic.

Not on Mobil's website, no news about it - sure this wasn't Mobil Super HM in 5w/20? This would be a logical addition to Mobil's lineup though...

I use HM oil for only one reason, because I consume and leak. Need a 30 weight or better when hot or on the highway. Can't run that thin, especially a full syn. Would leak and consume like crazy. A 0w30 or 0w40 HM would be nice, a HM 5w20 is useless to me. Too thin, wont sell

Originally Posted By: Danh
Not on Mobil's website, no news about it - sure this wasn't Mobil Super HM in 5w/20? This would be a logical addition to Mobil's lineup though...

Believe me, I was second guessing my self at first. But it was definitely the Mobil-1 full Synthetic 5W20 HM.

Originally Posted By: buster
Nice!

I know, Im going to talk to the manager of that department tonight. Try and see what the deal is. Let you all know.

If you see it again, maybe take a peek to see if it's SL like the 5w/30 or a more-current spec.

Originally Posted By: Danh
If you see it again, maybe take a peek to see if it's SL like the 5w/30 or a more-current spec.

I looked, it is the SL
grin.gif

There are many high mileage cars on the road that call for a 20 grade, so it makes sense. You get the added benefit of more seal conditioners, and with M1 more ZDP.

There are many high mileage cars on the road that call for a 20 grade, so it makes sense. You get the added benefit of more seal conditioners, and with M1 more ZDP.

Yup.
smile.gif

I was always the first to make fun of HM oils, but I'm now a fan. Just look at how many cars end up with leaks just from old age that a HM oil can prevent/stop.

My brother developed a rear main seal leak in his 2001 Solara with the V6 at around 200k miles. Mobil 1 HM 5w30 stopped it for another 100k miles, which is when he got rid of it.

Originally Posted By: lexus114

Yup.
smile.gif

Is that why its SL not SN?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back