Dang Gas Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: matrass
seems like it is no longer supply and demand, more like investors driving up the prices

NO!!!!
It is supply and demand, unlimited supply of money printing vs limited supply of commodities to invest in.
LOL!

This is too simple for central bankers to understand, though.

Gas is up 80 Cents a gallon!!

That'll help the economy get better. NOT.

frown.gif

I saw regular for $3.48 a gallon here. Gasoline prices have gone up about 15 cents a gallon or so here in the last week.

(Regular) - Hit 3.99.9 at my go-2 local Chevron today. Got such a very tiny relief getting 5c/gallon off that using my Chevron gift card.

Might hit about 70 today like yesterday, have a bit running around to to... yeah time again for the motorcycle (gas/traffic/parking).

Originally Posted By: GearheadTool
Originally Posted By: ARB1977
I've stopped worrying about it.

+1

...exactly what they want you to do. Just take it.

We're done.

I'm not worried about gas prices anymore since I bought Prius. 2x less gas consumption compared to my old corolla.

But, people should be aware where commodity prices are coming from.

Originally Posted By: friendly_jacek
I'm not worried about gas prices anymore since I bought Prius. 2x less gas consumption compared to my old corolla.

that's like saying you don't worry about sexual encounters anymore because you married jabba the hut

Originally Posted By: matt922

that's like saying you don't worry about sexual encounters anymore because you married jabba the hut

lol.gif

Back on topic, I paid 3.85/gal today at a Costco in the East Bay.

Originally Posted By: Turk

+1

We're done.

Well said.

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell

+1

We're done.

Well said.

So, how are you fighting the man back?

- 10 Cent gas coupons, double them Tuesdays at one station & double on Wednesdays at another station.

- ALWAYS make stops on the way home, never double back.

- Need to go somewhere on the weekend? Stop to get food, etc on the way there or on the way back.

Price is going up few pennies a day in Orange County. The nearest station, USA gas, changes price(up only) sometimes twice a day. The lowest price is Costco and Sam Clubs and they are already passed $4 a gallon.

- 10 Cent gas coupons, double them Tuesdays at one station & double on Wednesdays at another station.

- ALWAYS make stops on the way home, never double back.

- Need to go somewhere on the weekend? Stop to get food, etc on the way there or on the way back.

Fair enough.

The reason I asked, the favorite BITOG pastime is bashing hybrid cars (and drivers) and complaining about gas prices.

You can't have it both ways.

Fair enough.

The reason I asked, the favorite BITOG pastime is bashing hybrid cars (and drivers) and complaining about gas prices.

You can't have it both ways.

Hybrid cars have come a long way and not all of them are terrible, but its just the stigma(and looks) of a prius.
sleep.gif

Everyone hates paying for gas, but having at least a little extra power on tap is what makes motorheads who they are. I mean sure i'd love to have a vehicle that got 45hwy mpg for my 240 mile monthly ride to Gulf Shores for the weekend, but i'd rather pay an extra $25 to do it in something besides a prius.

Originally Posted By: matt922

Hybrid cars have come a long way and not all of them are terrible, but its just the stigma(and looks) of a prius.
sleep.gif

[...]

but i'd rather pay an extra $25 to do it in something besides a prius.

yap, this is what I'm talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back