Valvoline 15W-40 All Fleet Plus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I was at Napa today and ordered Napa Gold oil, fuel, and air filters for my Altima and truck. They were 50% off. I like paying $3.20 for these oil filters!!

Any how, they had blue gallon jugs of Napa 15w-40 Plus All Fleet on sale for $9.99

I found a thread from 2003 on this oil....anyone got any info on this oil? Seemed like a good buy.

It had several "C" diesel approvals, and was SL/SM. Would this still be high zinc?

Last edited:
$9.99 for a gallon and the info you have found about it is from 2003?

I would think that oil is only really meant for older vehicles, if yours is then go for it. I assume it is for the Chevy in your sig?

Haven't had a vehicle that could take 15w40 in a while though, and I would suspect it is a dino so wouldn't buy it anyway.

But if it meets your needs......

Id pick up some. Once in a great while walmart drops its mobil delvac black jug (current) to $9.97, but not lately, maybe in more than a year actually.

By your sig I do see what you are getting at. If it has some higher additives you dont have to add the "+zinc" part, for decent savings.

Higher zinc than PCMO SN oils? Yes.

Assuming Napa's HDEO is made by Valvoline like much of their other oil, this Valvoline data sheet dated September 2012 for CJ-4 should be close.

http://www.valvoline.com/pdf/all_fleet_plus.pdf

If is NOT labeled with CJ-4, then it probabaly has a little more zinc than what is listed for CJ-4 versions. But most of the HDEOs I see that have SM are also CJ-4.
Kevin

I wonder if it's watered down Valvoline....in the same way Napa synthetic is versus Valvoline SynPower.

I bought 3 gallons last night. It is SL rated oil, not SM or SN. I'm sure this is the high zinc material I'm looking for. This should be a great oil.

I'll run it straight in my truck in the winter and maybe cut it 50% with M1 0w40 for the winter.

I emailed Valvoline a few years ago about their Napa All-Fleet oil. They said it was the same as Valvoline All-Fleet. Which is a very good lube. One local school district uses Napa All-Fleet in their buses.

Linky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back