Current feeding frenzy- sold any guns?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All,
I used to post under another name.
whistle.gif

With the current conditions, has anyone sold any guns because,
1. It's one you can spare & are not crazy about
2. It seems that now's the time for the best price ?

I have several that should be pretty desirable, are in great shape, & should sell well. Lessee: *Ruger 10/22 stainless, plus some goodies. *Ruger MK II Target, 6 7/8" heavy tapered bbl, blue steel, plus spare Ruger mags. *Austrian .40 Plastic fantastic w/original pre-Clinton full cap mags. *Win 94/22, .22LR version. Not an automatic, but still a mighty nice, lifetime .22 rifle for someone.

(For .22 rifles, I've dcided that all I need is to keep my old Browning, & supplement it with one decent .22 bolt action that has a long barrel(for quietness) and is easily scoped.)

Plus a couple of others I could be persuaded to part with. Plus maybe some air rifles too. There's another gun show near here mid-March- think all the hype will last that long? The last show(late Jan/very early Feb?) was, by all reports, the most- ah- aggressively attended & pursued ever held here. I might hang a sign around my neck, walk around a bit, & sell everything in an hour or two. And at my age it wouldn't hurt to thin the herd a bit. Thoughts?

I sold my ar-15 and over 5000 rounds of 223. Paid off my credit card. I am loosing my job and right now I feelthe financial strain worse than iI fear others. I have plenty of other defence measures...
whistle.gif

No, honestly it's business as usual for me, aside from having to try harder to find 9mm before going to the range.

At this point I'm tired of trying to hit up the store for one 50 box on my days off from work. I kind of just want to wait out the frenzy if possible and return to normal shooting activities once everyone has settled down.

It's frustrating because I liked actually USING my ammo before the SHTF. Now there are a bunch of people who just bought their first pistol last week maxing out credit cards for a bunch of ammo they don't plan to actually use. They need to calm down so that those of us who actually fire our guns can go to the range without it being a logistical hassle to find something to shoot.

So tired of shooting my junky shotgun because it's cheap and I can always get ammo. Settle down hoarders! I want to shoot my pistol!

Sold off a few of my least favorites. Had some AR mags that I didn't care for and some AK mags that I had stashed away. Sold some spare AR parts I had for my wife's rifle too.

Even states like NY and CA haven't banned parts yet. Serial numbered receivers but not parts.

Might as well cash in on the crazy.

BSW

I sold a Walther PPK and a Browning LR Model 65 to dealers at a recent Houston gun show for top dollar. The climate is right in my opinion.

I might sell some more of my guns. Not because I don't like them. It's more about not having anyone in my family to pass them along to. They just aren't interested in guns, unless they could sell them for a lot of money. Estate sales don't seem to generate much, and more akin to theft IMO.

I was smart, saw what was coming, and planned ahead, barely. Scooped up three SKS Tapco mags, a Tapco stock, a few Mossberg 25rd mags, and plenty of ammo before things went nuts. Sold a two of the Mossberg mags for 3x what I paid for them, and sold some .22LR ammo for 2.5x what I paid for it. I have another "tacticool" stock coming in the mail that I picked up for <$40 that should sell for over $100 on fleabay. I love it.

Things are slowly returning to normal around here.

My local gun shop has a new Glock 17 on the shelf for $635. Meijer has bulk 45 ACP (Winchester 100 rd boxes for $36 AM) and some 'military grade' 00 buck shot for $5 a box.

I am still waiting on my M11 to arrive but that is nothing new.

Don't understood the frenzy over ammo. "Assault rifles" maybe, high cap mags surely, but ammo?? There ain't gonna be any ban on ammo, at least in near future. Stopped at Gander Mt yesterday thinking I'd get a box or two of 22 ammo. WRONG! Salesman said they had three tables full that morn and by noon it was down to half doz boxs of Federal which wasn't what I wanted. They did seem to have a fairly good supply of pistol and shotgun ammo.

I've avoided buying or selling anything during the frenzy.

I've thought about selling some AR magazines but am very hesitant to do so, since I wouldn't be surprised if we see a high capacity magazine ban in the next few years.

I also haven't been shooting much .223 or .308 at the range, simply because it's so expensive to replace.

Originally Posted By: default
I sold my Mk III 22/45 6 months ago for $250
frown.gif

Don't feel bad I sold a Glock over the summer. Probably worth an easy $100 more now with all the craziness going on.

Got another AR during the panic. Panic tax was about $500. Still, I have it. Didn't know if that would continue when the project started.

Got a high-cap pistol yesterday. .40. Lot's of .40 on the shelves around here. Price was probably pretty normal for the new pistol.

Our LGS now has .223 again, though the price is about .50/round. Was .30/round before the panic. Even saw some 9mm on the shelf.

I'm done with buying guns. Got what I needed. Got ammo already, won't buy more until prices come back to normal(ish).

I think the run on ammo was simply the culmination of several issues.

-The impending fight due to Obama.
-The impending fight due to multiple shootings.
-The warpaint on all the Lefties.
-“Dang. I’d better get it now while the gettin’s good.”
-“Don’t the ME I can’t have something.”
-Christmas.

On my way the range this morning...I plan to take my new rifle...

I was going to take my assault rifle. You know, the one that was designed specifically by and for the US Army, the one that was designed only to kill people...it also has a bayonet lug on it...so, it meets all the definitions, it has all the features, that Congressman have proposed for banning...

But, it's hard to find 45-70 in Blackpowder loads...so, the assault rifle will stay at home.

More about it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Springfield_Model_1884

A truly lethal, long-range, assault weapon, with its military design, 405 grain bullet weight and Buffington sights...

Last edited:
Sorry that my intended irony was lost on you.

I read the proposed legislation carefully. My 130 year old antique rifle meets our lawmakers' definition of assault weapon, using their language.

I am not confused.

But it's clear that they are...

it depends on where you look, i picked up over 3,000 .22LR and several almost new scopes for $140 the other day.. also bought a stainless semi auto Marlin with two mags and case for $120 in lightly used condition.. the deals are out there my friends..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back