Paper women shot by police by mistaken ident

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you The_Eric. It is something I will never get over completely and certain people and their actions that night will haunt me for the rest of my life.

The entire event is a topic I'm not supposed to discuss (because a minor was involved) but clarkflower asked a question and I responded to the best of my ability. My diatribe is only intended to warn others of the consequences they will more than likely face if ever in a similar situation.

I think it behooves CCW-persons to read of your story Fleetmon, and ones like it. Post-incident is dramatically different than anything we'll encounter on the range. I wish the incidents could be accumulated, so that persons interested in CCW could read of the repercussions of what *will* happen if they have to use deadly force.

Actually, I did write a story (absolutely not for money and money was not discussed....it was only MY side of the entire fiasco) and several popular magazines were interested in publishing but once attorneys were consulted, I was "advised" I could not speak of it in any more than generic terms....that restriction will expire 8/30/2014.

PM me and I can provide a little more detail concerning protecting yourself in a S/D situation.

The officers acted recklessly, and failed to use due care. Wrong truck, wrong race, wrong people. If a private citizen acted in such a manner they would be incarcerated and facing some pretty hefty charges.

Police act recklessly because they know they can. They know that they are seldom charged for offenses that would be classified as a felony were it Joe Schmoe. The fact that there are people out there that are suggesting that it is excusable for them to behave in such an irresponsible matter is mind blowing. It is this type of attitude/mentality which allows them to act like total [censored] without fear of repercussions.

In all honesty I would much rather have a run in with a "bad guy" than with a "peace officer"(they are anything but). With the "bad guy" I've at least got a real shot of winning without having the state sponsored goon squad called in as back up.

Fleetmon I know exactly what you are talking about. Had a similar situation happen to me. Except the cops were actively trying to steal my custom 1911. They refused to return it saying that it had been used in a crime(no charges were ever filed/no crime) and that police policy stated that it could not be returned. They thought I would just say O.K. and walk away. Boy were they wrong. It cost me a day in Jail but I walked away with my gun and a new found disrespect and dislike of the police...

While i will admit that there are some good cops out there, they are vastly overshadowed by the bad ones.

Fleetmon, I'm good--I've read a few accounts, and read the advice from a number of sources (TTAG, Ayoob, whatever pops up). I've probably spent too much time browsing gun forums, actually, but I have a decent idea of what to expect after an incident.

Originally Posted By: morris
in wichita ks the cops dont even get out of the car. they just run them over in the street.

That's because the wind will blow their bullets off target...:)

Originally Posted By: clarkflower
Just for the sake of argument, can I...with a permit shoot someone for a reach or will I go to jail

Didn't you hear? ... police have "special privileges" when it comes to "self defense". IMO, whatever a cop can get away with should also hold true for a citizen trying to defend him/her self. But of course, 99% of the [censored] the police pull in terms of "justified shootings" wouldn't hold up in court if a citizen did the same thing.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
I hope the ones that can't tell a Hispanic female in a blue Toyota from a 300 lb black man in a grey Titan get prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

I hope that police department gets sued for millions of dollars and the police officers are fired for good ... just like Dorner was. I mean really, are these cops so unprofessional that they just start blasting 50 rounds into a vehicle because they "think it might" be the guy their looking for ... wow.
crazy.gif

Originally Posted By: clarkflower

My friend who is a cop said where was the threat (from the two old women)

I'd bet the cops associated with that shooting are complete lairs to cover up their total incompetency. Exactly what threat did two old women delivering news papers pose to the cops? Did you see how many bullet holes were in the back end of that truck?

The title has me LOLing at a move that was carried out in Queensland years ago.

The evidence suggests that people drive slower/safer when they see a Police car that looks like a Police car. Not a 350Z with a radar concealed in the ski racks atop, but actual Police on the road (like Police walking the streets rather than driving through maccas make kids think twice...and make people feel safer).

Queensland decided to have cardboard police cars, and cut-out officers with radar guns to affect the public perception and behaviour...

worked great...

until rednecks started blowing holes in the driveby cardboard coppers, and they realised that maybe it would turn real at some stage.

Originally Posted By: OB4x4
In all honesty I would much rather have a run in with a "bad guy" than with a "peace officer"(they are anything but). With the "bad guy" I've at least got a real shot of winning without having the state sponsored goon squad called in as back up.

Me too. Cops have never done anything positive for me in my entire life, and probably never will. I'd rater protect myself then rely on cops for any kind of "protection".

Originally Posted By: OB4x4
Fleetmon I know exactly what you are talking about. Had a similar situation happen to me. Except the cops were actively trying to steal my custom 1911. They refused to return it saying that it had been used in a crime(no charges were ever filed/no crime) and that police policy stated that it could not be returned.

Of course ... they are crooked and look for every opportunity to stick it to the people they supposedly try to "protect". They victimize people by manipulating the laws of the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back