S&W SD9VE or SD40VE

Status
Not open for further replies.
new opportunity...a used sw9ve near me for $290. I had the chance to pick it up and play with it a little. I haven't fired my Hi Point so it's still available to be returned.

I think I'm set on the Hi-Point as it fits my hands nicely but I don't want a gun that I'll try to replace in a couple months.

Originally Posted By: zerosoma
new opportunity...a used sw9ve near me for $290. I had the chance to pick it up and play with it a little. I haven't fired my Hi Point so it's still available to be returned.

I think I'm set on the Hi-Point as it fits my hands nicely but I don't want a gun that I'll try to replace in a couple months.

In that case save up a few hundred $$, sell the Hi-Point and buy the Stoeger Cougar (was Beretta Cougar). You can get them for under $ 400 and that gun is one of the best performing, best built guns on the market ! It has a well proven track record.

http://www.stoegerindustries.com/firearms/stoeger-cougar.php

Same goes for the Ruger P95 http://www.ruger.com/products/p95/models.html that sells in the mid $ 300 range.

Last edited:
Yep I have a Cougar in 40 S&W and its a great gun. Smooth, accurate, and dead reliable. Same system Beretta put into the Px4 pistols series. I feel the rotating barrel locking system on it results in less "flip" versus a Browning based tilting barrel system.

I can't comment on the reliability of S&W pistols, as I am a Ruger fan. I'd vote for the .40 over the 9mm. Bigger hole, heavier bullet, flat shooting, holds as many rounds as a 9 (in my case, but can't imagine other mfr.'s being too different; physics ya' know!). Reloading is a snap, plenty of copper plated bullets to load for practice.

I have two of the nines and except for the finish they're exactly the same product. Compared to my Glock they both have heavy triggers but still manageable. Both combat accurate enough in a fire fight if necessary. For the money the nine or the fourty are reasonable in price due to it's not very popular. Still though it's a good weapon.

Durango

Originally Posted By: 2cool
I can't comment on the reliability of S&W pistols, as I am a Ruger fan. I'd vote for the .40 over the 9mm. Bigger hole, heavier bullet, flat shooting, holds as many rounds as a 9 (in my case, but can't imagine other mfr.'s being too different; physics ya' know!). Reloading is a snap, plenty of copper plated bullets to load for practice.

.40 ammo is *much* easier to get right now, and can still be had for less than 40 cents a round.

9mm ammo is tough to find, and expensive when I do actually find it. What I've actually seen is priced like it is .45 ammo.

Not sure if this is expensive compared to some areas but $17.99/box (50 rounds) for 9mm is not uncommon around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back