What Anti Freeze For 2012 Hyundai Santa Fe v6 3.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
What Antifreeze For a 2012 hyundai santa fe ..Also what about a 2011 santa fe both 3.5 v6
Want to get dealer antifreeze for warranty reasons the 2011 has 30,000 miles and i want to change it. The 2012 only has 8000 so that could wait.

It's probably an Asian P-OAT coolant. There's really no other source for the exact formula any cheaper than the dealer. Beck Arnley I think has a similar formula but doubt it is any less expensive or easier to find. What is the recommended service interval? If it's a P-OAT it should be should be good for 5 years if not up to 10.

Yes, the dealer coolant is made by Idemitsu and states that it contains phosphorous. However, Hyundai and Kia recommend (or did at least, don't know about 2012) 30K changes with any coolant that protects aluminum parts. I used the dealer coolant the last time, it is very, very dark green. Looks my my coolant is cooked but I know better, being that I just replaced it.

I think Hyundai is now at least for the '12 and maybe the '11 listing 10years/120k on the FF like Japanese cars do but only 2/30k after the first change instead of 5/60k. It doesn't make any sense that the coolant can go 10 years the first time and only 2 after. I think 5 years is probably the useful service life of the coolant.

Hyundai does require Hyundai coolant under warranty. The water pump is a 10/100k item. get your coolant from the dealer.
Hyundai will reject and refuse to pay their dealers for cooling system repairs if they bill anything other than OEM coolant on the work order.

What does owner manual say for maintenance? You can register at hmaservice.com for access to manual and much more. My 2012 Elantra calls for coolant change at 60K or 5 years.
Quote:
Replace coolant (First, 60,000 miles (96,000 km) or 60 months
after every 30,000 miles (48,000 km) or 24 months)

I got some of the Hyundai coolant from the dealer. Call around to dealers, price varies greatly.

The owners manual for my 2008 Elantra is very vague concerning coolant. I changed it out to traditional green Peak at 29K and have had no problems. I plan on a 2 year change interval.
Since this car has a timing belt I will be changing the water pump from time to time anyway..in case the silicates are abrasive to the seals...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back