MMO and lawn equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHZR2

Staff member
Hi,

Our last number of purchases of gasoline for the lawn equipment, I doped the can with the right dose of FP. I noted no difference in operation of the lawn equipment. This is fine, as what is, IMO the primary function of FP, lubricity, is easily quantifiable in my cars.

This time I doped it with the right dose of MMO. I noted a couple differences. My weedwacker always had a tendancy to hesitate when I went from idle to full throttle very quickly. With MMO in the fuel, the hesitation is gone! It has hesitated like this since, new, with clean and drity spark plugs, etc., so something happened! Also, I noted that the 2-cycle equipment smoked more at idle, and that the lawn mower (4 stroke briggs and stratton) had really stinky exhaust!

Some may say this is due to cleaning, but I have been using FP in the equipment for some time, so if it does clean as well as is claimed, which I have never quantified, but have no reason to doubt, then the equipment shoul dhave been clean.

However, it seems that MMO is a good fit for use with 2-stroke equipment at the least.

Just my impressions...

JMH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back