Darryl Hannah says run yer F.I. motor on MOONSHINE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't she arrested a bunch of times for protesting or something like that? Sounds like she's off the wagon.

Yeah, no qualifications at all: "... all Fuel Injection engines can run MOONSHINE...!"

She looked like she had couple Xanax bars in her... and yes, a serial arrestee...

Scott Morrison is the owner of the City Garage chain in North Texas and he related the story of his technical director's run-in with ethanol; in December he filled up his E85 Flex Fuel Chevy Suburban at the Exxon station in Ovilla, just south of Dallas. His Suburban died on the spot, because even an E85-equipped vehicle will not run on the 100% pure ethanol that Exxon station was pumping that day. In that case it was not Exxon's fault but a mistake at the distribution center, and Exxon (XOM) quickly made good for the cost of repairs.

The Great Ethanol Scam

What does a Cro-Magnon Mermaid know about alternative fuels anyway?

Hey, it's ethanol. [insert debate on corn-based ethanol fueling, cost effectiveness, and environmental impact here]

Originally Posted By: Christopher Hussey
Technically almost every car in the country is burning moonshine as we speak

I trust that you're "technically" joking... if not, here's your response:

You must be an injuneer. You use words like "technically" with such precision, it must be so. Thus, I wait with baited breath as you "technically" explain how a carefully crafted blend of petroleum hydrocarbons distilled and cracked from crude oil with appropiate additives for various functions cut with a max of 10% ethanol is "technically" equivalent to moonshine.

Originally Posted By: LineArrayNut
ALL ABOARD wild eyed LIBS! Put that 140 proof ethanol in your Escalade flex fuel and have a ball!
On Hannity tonite.

She has talents, but they are obviously not between her ears.

Who cares what she says? People mock Republicans for stupidity, I'd say she's a great example of lefty craziness.

I heard an interview with her on the news before she was arrested. She was complaining about how bad and greedy the "corporations" are that were doing what she didn't like.

I guess movie studio corporations, and the profits that pay movie star salaries, don't have that problem....
whistle.gif

Originally Posted By: Tempest
I heard an interview with her on the news before she was arrested. She was complaining about how bad and greedy the "corporations" are that were doing what she didn't like.

I guess movie studio corporations, and the profits that pay movie star salaries, don't have that problem....
whistle.gif

yep, she is just parroting the current dogma that pervades the mass media. EVIL corporations!

It's amazing that anyone would even care what she says, not to mention they care enough to start a post about it.

People like her think that since they own the stage and have the spotlight on them, people care about their political views. Their expertise is acting, not political wranglings. They should just shut up and entertain us.

In defense of Hannah, she does live the "eco" lifestyle. I don't see a problem with that. If it works for her, great. I can't afford to live that way. Cheap energy is all I can afford...

Originally Posted By: Kestas
People like her think that since they own the stage and have the spotlight on them, people care about their political views. Their expertise is acting, not political wranglings. They should just shut up and entertain us.

When Daryl Hannah failed at that she turned to leftist activism, the old Hollywood Plan B.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back