Too stupid to have the keys for the ammo cabinet

Status
Not open for further replies.
The employees of my local Wal-Mart are apparently too stupid to keep track of the keys to the ammo cabinet.

And for once, there's actually ammo in the cabinet

I spoke the the manager and the assistant manager, and in dealing with that level of stupidity at the top, the problem is obvious.

It's Schroedinger's ammo cabinet.

If you open it, there will be no ammo.

Huh?
21.gif

LOL!

I've had to wait for 1/2 hour to find someone to help me in their sporting goods department. That was AFTER I asked for assistance.

Perhaps you should of walked down to their power tools and asked if you could drill out their lock since they lost their keys?

Originally Posted By: SuperDave456
LOL!

I've had to wait for 1/2 hour to find someone to help me in their sporting goods department. That was AFTER I asked for assistance.

Perhaps you should of walked down to their power tools and asked if you could drill out their lock since they lost their keys?

The way things are today ... you'd have a lot of swat teams and officers after you!

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
The employees of my local Wal-Mart are apparently too stupid to keep track of the keys to the ammo cabinet.

And for once, there's actually ammo in the cabinet

I spoke the the manager and the assistant manager, and in dealing with that level of stupidity at the top, the problem is obvious.

Is "stupid" really the right adjective? Seems irresponsible for a company supposed to be safeguarding ammunition not having a mechanism to keep track of the key.

Truth be told they're keeping it safe from the teenagers manning the store so, perhaps they're doing a fantastic job.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: RiceCake
Truth be told they're keeping it safe from the teenagers manning the store so, perhaps they're doing a fantastic job.

Then have the manager or the assistant manager keep the keys.

They were both there... because I spoke to both of them.

Last time I bought ammo they had to find the store manager to open it. He seemed annoyed that I made him walk to the back of the store, then he watched as a loaded my cart with all of their .308 and .40S&W. Little did he know that I had gone in there the 2 Saturdays before and bought at least 1500rds each time.

That particular Wally World has a lot of gangster types that shop there. The jealous looks from them as my friend and I walked out of the store with a shopping cart full of a few thousand rounds of ammo was priceless.

I went back this morning on my way to work.... and there was *more* ammo in the cabinet! If there was *more* ammo in there, then someone had been obviously been around with the keys.

(Either that, or the ammo fairy had visited in the wee hours of the morning...)

Unfortunately, there was still just one lonely box of .40 WWB.

But getting another 50 rounds was still worth the 15 minutes of my time to make a second trip. And it was still less than $20 (less than 40 cents per round).

I'm glad to be out of walmart management and into a great small business environment. Walmart makes people take 2 breaks and an hour lunch. They also don't staff anywhere near what a store really needs. So its always a game of chasing what area needs people shifted around. Somebody was probably temporarily covering the area then took the keys to lunch. Nothing will happen to that key loser. Much of WM policies are centered around not getting sued, mostly by employees. The employees do not perform and cant easily get fired. There are no incentives to work hard and losing your job is not very likely. The small percentage of hard working, semi intelligent, and courteous employees they do still have get absolutely nothing in return.

At the very top of WM is some of the very best business minds and policy makers, but it still can't prevent terrible entry level employees. WM is everyone's favorite law suit target. Promote a male instead of a female? Lawsuit. Give someone an extra raise and not someone else? Lawsuit. Any kind of injury, no matter how petty, Lawsuit. WM today is nothing like what Sam Walton started. Neither is the United States of America.

One WM near us has great sporting goods people, but the ammo is never instock.

WM should have built its own ammo factory when Obama was first elected. Great Value 22 long rifle, 9mm, 40, 45 and 223. They could put even more price pressure on other makers to have the shelf space since their brand is there for such a low price. The supply could be there to fulfill the demand and prevent other merchants from charging high prices. WM has about a 25% margin on ammo. Federal and others are making money wholesaling to WM, so i don't see why they couldn't profitably run their own ammo plant. Just as long as they don't let WM employees work in it.

Tip to finding WM ammo: Show up late at night, about 11-12 pm, they will have mostly unloaded that day's trucks and will be about to put the ammo in the case. Ask nicely and the person working the freight might find the box or boxes of ammo, open them up, and sell it to you before they even make it to the case.

Originally Posted By: dareo
Tip to finding WM ammo: Show up late at night, about 11-12 pm, they will have mostly unloaded that day's trucks and will be about to put the ammo in the case. Ask nicely and the person working the freight might find the box or boxes of ammo, open them up, and sell it to you before they even make it to the case.

this...

When I was buying 2000+ rounds at a time from Wal-Mart I would wait until the sporting goods area was closed and make them find a manager. Got away with buying so much ammo at one time with that little trick.

Originally Posted By: dareo
I'm glad to be out of walmart management and into a great small business environment. Walmart makes people take 2 breaks and an hour lunch. They also don't staff anywhere near what a store really needs. So its always a game of chasing what area needs people shifted around. Somebody was probably temporarily covering the area then took the keys to lunch. Nothing will happen to that key loser. Much of WM policies are centered around not getting sued, mostly by employees. The employees do not perform and cant easily get fired. There are no incentives to work hard and losing your job is not very likely. The small percentage of hard working, semi intelligent, and courteous employees they do still have get absolutely nothing in return.

At the very top of WM is some of the very best business minds and policy makers, but it still can't prevent terrible entry level employees. WM is everyone's favorite law suit target. Promote a male instead of a female? Lawsuit. Give someone an extra raise and not someone else? Lawsuit. Any kind of injury, no matter how petty, Lawsuit. WM today is nothing like what Sam Walton started. Neither is the United States of America.

One WM near us has great sporting goods people, but the ammo is never instock.

WM should have built its own ammo factory when Obama was first elected. Great Value 22 long rifle, 9mm, 40, 45 and 223. They could put even more price pressure on other makers to have the shelf space since their brand is there for such a low price. The supply could be there to fulfill the demand and prevent other merchants from charging high prices. WM has about a 25% margin on ammo. Federal and others are making money wholesaling to WM, so i don't see why they couldn't profitably run their own ammo plant. Just as long as they don't let WM employees work in it.

how long did you work at walmart? i worked there for 5 years and overall i felt the environment was positive, i had some great years and memories there. however i did choose to leave because things were changing and i feel justified in why i left. i loved having the structure of 2 15 min breaks and an hour linch - but you only need to take 30. problem was as you said not enough help and angry customers because youre not there pronto. that and i was wxpected to cover 4 depts. you just cant do that with wm traffic. have tons more to say but am typing on my phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back