Correct Motorcraft Filter for a Honda Civic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been doing some research on here and elsewhere to find the right Motorcraft filter for a 2000 Honda Civic 1.6 non-VTEC and I've come to FL-810. The stats seem to line up, can anyone confirm this application? Thanks.

Not disputing that is correct, but as the FL-810 has dome end bypass and nitrile adbv, imo there is little or no difference between it and a standard readily available Purolator Classic L14459.

Most Motorcraft filters have silicone adbv and thread end bypass, but there are a few that don't, the FL 810 is one.

Well I have an AutoZone gift card and by me its either Motorcraft, Fram or STP. IMO it seems to be the easy choice in this situation.
grin.gif

The STP S2808 is a very decent Champ Labs-made filter that should NOT be an Ecore. That or get a high-end Fram Ultra 3593A.

There may be a MC filter that will fit your application with a silicon adbv, need kc jeep or one of the other oil filter application gurus to chime in.

Bullwinkle, the L14459 fits my 03' Civic with the 1.7 non v tec. So you're sayin I could use a FL-400S, thats awesome.

adam

Dont know, just reading what Bullwinkle wrote, if he or I am wrong, then I am sorry. Also some MAZDA suv's at my work use a PH 400 which is champ labs equivalent to FL400 S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back