Firestone Destination LE2 SUV Tires: Got Good Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great reviews on tirerack and internet, a new rubber compound. Good in all weather conditions to include snow. Priced and found tirebuyer online to be $20 cheaper than tirerack. It would have been an additional $47 cheaper if I wasn't in New York State and since tirebuyer has a presence and I had to pay NYS tax and NYS tire fee. Got an immediate $25 rebate from them for buying 4 SUV tires.

Ordered Wed night and got on Fri. Tires came from Rochester, NY, made in Canada for US market. Funny got on 3-01-13 and date of tire manufacture is ( 0313), Feb 2013. Would like to ask Firestone about this?

Will take to Wal Mart and have mounted/ balance on my summer rims in March. They use to charge $10 a tire and I tell them up front "no new valve stems" since they will charge an additional $2 a tire. In my 50 years of driving I never had trouble with old valve stems.

Total cost after installation should be $125 a tire.

Tire Rating: 520, A temp, B traction, H speed rated to 130 mph, 60,000 miles limited warranty

These tires run good on our fleet trucks. date could mean 3rd day of january 13 like 03 jan. 2013. code seems to say 3rd week of 2013

Who knows, if you demand no new valve stems you might get them anyway if the tech is on autopilot.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Who knows, if you demand no new valve stems you might get them anyway if the tech is on autopilot.

Yes, it happened once. I brought it to their attention and I didn't have to pay.

Originally Posted By: 08_SHELBY
These tires run good on our fleet trucks. date could mean 3rd day of january 13 like 03 jan. 2013. code seems to say 3rd week of 2013

Yes Sir , you are right. Manufactured in the 3 rd week of 2013. Which is why I like to buy online tires. Very fresh and not sitting on a rack for years.

You bought them right, and they're great tires. What are they going on? Check back in with us after a few thousand miles and let us know how they're doing.

Originally Posted By: ronbo

What size are yours? I'm looking to buy 235/65 R18 and the price I was quoted is $580 / $145 ea. out the door (including $50 off for using their credit card). Wondering if I can do even better.

That was, by the way, far cheaper than tirerack.

Yes Sir , you are right. Manufactured in the 3 rd week of 2013. Which is why I like to buy online tires. Very fresh and not sitting on a rack for years.

I've been told the opposite. Tirerack.com has a penchant for sending 1+ year old tires out.

Only twice in my life did I get tires that were just made within several weeks of my delivery date. I like that!
smile.gif

Most other tires(when buying 4) I have purchaced, had MFG dates in different weeks of the same year. According to the build date on the tires, some were many months apart. And a couple of purchaces IIRC, some of the 4 tires were even made in different years.

Ronbo,
I have noticed that in my area or Rochester, NY that W*M stores charge different prices for instalation of tires.
One store charges $10/tire and the other changes $16.50. Both W*M's offer the same package with valve stems, Free Life Time Balance/Rotation...Flat repair is extra at both stores. I don't understand the $6.50 difference in price.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
You bought them right, and they're great tires. What are they going on? Check back in with us after a few thousand miles and let us know how they're doing.

Yes, Sir I will report back in a few months. Going on a 2004 RAV4, 2 WD.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: kam327

What size are yours? I'm looking to buy 235/65 R18 and the price I was quoted is $580 / $145 ea. out the door (including $50 off for using their credit card). Wondering if I can do even better.

That was, by the way, far cheaper than tirerack.

My size is 215/70/16 and price was $109.89 a tire. Maybe it's over but they said to use code TRUCK25 or maybe TRUCKS25 for an instant $25 rebate which I got. Which is why I bought right away.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: kam327

I've been told the opposite. Tirerack.com has a penchant for sending 1+ year old tires out.

Bought snow tires online from tireteam out of Ohio in 2010 and they were only 2 months old. Got them to NY in less than 24 hours.

Yes, Sir I will report back in a few months. Going on a 2004 RAV4, 2 WD.

To add to above 43 reviews by users on tirerack in survey section of tire, 9.1 out of 10 would buy again. Which is a high rating. Along with positive rating on other web sites, to include independent tire show down with other brands on test tracks. "Search" is your friend.

Last edited:
Back in september I ordered some new tires for my 05 Toyo Matrix and had them installed at WM. Went there when it wasn't that busy. In 25 minutes they were done. Tire goop was all over the sidewall. One of the wheels covers was bending an air stem sideways. I noticed a very slight shimmy on the highway. So I had to take the car back to them.

This time I got an older tech who took his time. He checked each tire for leaks and basically redid everything. They were not happy at first but after noticing the sloppy work they quickly changed their tune and were nice about it. Next time I think I would have the Toyo dealer do it or the local Ford dealer who has the Road Force balancer and charges $15 per tire also. Plus you can get an oil change there if they use the MC syn blend.

I have had the LE2's on my Jeep now for about a month. I love them. They are great in the snow and super quiet going down the road!

I got mine from a local Firestone Complete Auto Care Center. With the coupon I had they were just $565 M&B out the door w/ Road Hazard( $60 ). 225/65R17 102H.

IMG_2081B.jpg

IMG_2082.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: NHHEMI
I have had the LE2's on my Jeep now for about a month. I love them. They are great in the snow and super quiet going down the road!

I am impressed with them on my co-worker's Ford Escape. The OEM Contis were loud and crude (and also cupped). The Firestones are much much quieter, and really sift out the small road imperfections. I also like that they're H-rated in my/our size.

Not mine but a cut/paste from another forum. Tires on a RAV4 and lives in NJ.

"i recently put on Firestone destination LE2's and they handle amazing so far in the rain, snow, and mud i drove them through along with the normal dry road condition driving"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back