Turtle Wax rinse free car wash?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone tried this yet? Any thoughts? Picked a bottle up for 7.99 to try it out since I live in an apartment and that this could be handy to give the car a quick wash while being parked on the street. It says you only need 1 bucket of solution but im thinking of trying to use 1 bucket with the solution and a bucket of water for rinsing off the cloth. Do you think that using this will cause scratches or swirls on paint? Im guessing its an imitation of ONR. Im a bit hessitant with regards to dragging a wash cloth on dirty paint and dragging dirt and causing scratches.. although i plan to keep wash cloth very wet. Curious to hear your experiences, thanks!

I'd never use it. I know they claim the "polymers" will whisk the dirt up and away from the paint, but I don't trust it. It might only be years later before you notice all the swirl marks but by then it'll be too late. I can see the advantage if you don't have easy access to a hose, but I'd much rather bucket wash at a DIY car wash. I did it for years when I lived in an apartment.

I used ONR for the first time Saturday and I admit I was really impressed. My wash mitt is a lambswool mitt. Next time I'd like to try microfiber; I think dirt releases easier from it than from lambswool.

I'd try Turtle Wax, but I believe the wash mitt should be in just one bucket of water/solution. I think it helps to get the dirt out of the mitt by squeezing the mitt a few times in the solution bucket, and if you tried using two buckets some of the dirt would get trapped in the mitt material that otherwise would get suspended in the solution.

Drying towels get more dirt in them than a traditional wash, rinse, wipe dry. Everything came clean when I machine washed the rags and the mitt afterwards.

Originally Posted By: kam327
I'd never use it. I know they claim the "polymers" will whisk the dirt up and away from the paint, but I don't trust it. It might only be years later before you notice all the swirl marks but by then it'll be too late. I can see the advantage if you don't have easy access to a hose, but I'd much rather bucket wash at a DIY car wash. I did it for years when I lived in an apartment.

While I cannot speak for turtlewax's product, ONR used properly will prove you wrong. Many people use this without and scratches or swirls both as a weekend warrior to many people who use it as their stand alone wash professionally. Again, if done properly.

Optimum has proven that their no rinse wash works without scratching or marring the paint. Is Turtle Wax's version up to the task? Only one way to find out.....try it and let us know. Optimum also has a newer version with carnauba called Wash & Wax.

Originally Posted By: RTexasF
Optimum has proven that their no rinse wash works without scratching or marring the paint. Is Turtle Wax's version up to the task? Only one way to find out.....try it and let us know. Optimum also has a newer version with carnauba called Wash & Wax.

So you're trusting the maker of the product with your clear coat?

I was very skeptical of rinseless and waterless washes until I tried them. I didn't think there was anyway that you could keep from scratching your paint to death using either method.

The first rinseless I used was Duragloss's version infused with their Aquawax,or Ultima Waterless Wash and Wipe. I can't remember which one I bought first. Quite frankly, I went with both of because because I was kinda sick of hearing about Optimum No Rinse on all the forums.

Well,I'm a believer now. I can't see myself going back to the hose unless my car is extremely dirty or muddy. Both products clean well,and leave a very slick and shiny finish. They both seem to enhance beading especially the Duragloss product.

I use a two bucket method with a grit guard in the rinse bucket. I seldom use a microfiber towel. I use a microfiber mitt,or a grout sponge. I do soak the car with a waterless wash solution just for safety if the car has been driven in the rain very much.

I've heard the Turtle Wax version might be ONR in disguise. Speaking of ONR,I've since purchased the latest versions with and without the carnuaba in it. I haven't used either one yet,but I suspect I will go with the ONR with carnaba in first since I'm low on the DG product.

I love every Optimum product I've used! Like I said,I just got sick of hearing about ONR.

ONR works.I've used it on very grimy paint and for the little amount of polishing that I do, there are very little swirls, which is probably a result of my drying/buffing towels more than anything. Just don't use it on mud, and it helps if the car still has a coat of wax on it.

Originally Posted By: Racerjk
I've heard the Turtle Wax version might be ONR in disguise. Speaking of ONR,I've since purchased the latest versions with and without the carnuaba in it. I haven't used either one yet,but I suspect I will go with the ONR with carnaba in first since I'm low on the DG product.

I love every Optimum product I've used! Like I said,I just got sick of hearing about ONR.

I hope this is true because I'm almost out of ONR and hate having to order from Autogeek just for that because the shipping really diminishes the value of the product.

Not only mine but 90+% of the customers cars I worked on when detailing for a living. The product works, it's just as simple as that. It helped me make a good living. I speak from experience, not something I heard or read.

My car has a ton of swirls and scratches on it anyways, thats what happens when you buy used... I will try it out and see.

Originally Posted By: asiancivicmaniac
Originally Posted By: Racerjk

I hope this is true because I'm almost out of ONR and hate having to order from Autogeek just for that because the shipping really diminishes the value of the product.

Have you tried the code freeship? Sometimes it works,and sometimes it doesn't.

Shipping on everything has gotten outrageous to me.

I can't imagine this stuff being anywhere near as good as their Zip Wax car wash...

well, i tried it and it is EXACTLY like ONR...but leaves a slicker finish...sorta like spray wax. i have been using ONR for a few years. anyone who doubts it needs to just listen to the people who have used it and try it for themselves!

kudos to Turtle for making something like this available at every corner! got mine at Wal-Mart.

i honestly feel like rinseless washes have made my life that much better, lol.

I wonder how exactly like ONR it is. If it could be used as a clay lubricant and quick detailer too, I'd gladly buy another bottle.

I got around to trying out the TW rinse-free car wash. The stuff is slicker than snot when mixed at the concentration recommended on the bottle. My microfiber wash mitt was gliding over the paint, and did a fantastic job at removing the light layer of road grime on the car. I had previously sprayed the car off at a car wash to remove the salt/sand that was on it. End results were that the car looks freshly waxed. It really made the metallics in the paint pop.

Seeing how it's similarly priced to ONR after shipping is taken into account, I'll keep using this stuff.

Before I go hunting for it, where are you guys finding this? I have a feeling my mom used up my ONR and my car desperately needs a wash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back