Fun gun registration facts

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a rumour circulating (think I posted here) in 2010 that the state gun register had been hacked, which was quickly poo-poohed as impossible, given encryption and the other "stuff" that authorities know best (They lost a train container full of Glocks which briefly made the news at one stage)

Posted previously on interactions when stopped for the obligatory random traffic enforcement stuff, and the cop is told "caution, may be armed"

Posted the other day the bloke in Sydney's Blue Mountains who was home invaded, and beaten until he opened his safe storage.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/latest/a/-/latest/16110937/sydneys-biggest-firearms-stockpiles/

A database, coupled with data mining (or a mirriad of underpaid plods) means that it doesn't matter how safe your storage is, you can be a target.

Got nothing to hide, nothing to worry about...except the people who want the info that you aren't hiding.

Here the meth tweekers just hit homes randomly looking for firearms or do mailbox drivebys looking at the advertising/hobby magazines the homeowner receives. Lots of gun or high end home theater mail and it's a prime target.

The Mexican cartels run spotters inside the guns shows/private sales orgys who cell out to parking lot compadres info on those who just bought and the door their coming out. Outside crew either plants a cell GPS tracker on the gun owners rig or follows it pulling plate number.
They work the opposite in the parking lot on arrivals loaded down with guns for exibit/sale. Wait until the vehicle is clear in PL, then drop a GPS tracker on it recording plate number or just set on it to follow it to its home when owner leaves.

Another hot gun theft spotting location are local gun ranges.

Here, ya got an NRA sticker on your pickup and you're an immediate target for the cartels and tweekers. Fast hot market on NRA vehicle license plates #s and home addresses.

At least safe and sane gun owners lock and secure their weapons down under.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Steelhead
Here the meth tweekers.......random....

No here, in the NE, newspapers post interactive maps with actual addresses of concealed permit applicants.

What? "safe and sane gun owners" here don't?

Here the meth tweekers just hit homes randomly looking for firearms or do mailbox drivebys looking at the advertising/hobby magazines the homeowner receives. Lots of gun or high end home theater mail and it's a prime target.

The Mexican cartels run spotters inside the guns shows/private sales orgys who cell out to parking lot compadres info on those who just bought and the door their coming out. Outside crew either plants a cell GPS tracker on the gun owners rig or follows it pulling plate number.
They work the opposite in the parking lot on arrivals loaded down with guns for exibit/sale. Wait until the vehicle is clear in PL, then drop a GPS tracker on it recording plate number or just set on it to follow it to its home when owner leaves.

Here, ya got an NRA sticker on your pickup and you're an immediate target for the cartels and tweekers. Fast hot market on NRA vehicle license plates #s and home addresses.

Wow! Wouldn't expect that in Washington! I could see the southern portion of California.

We don't have that too bad up here in CNY. We have our bad sections of the city, they work their way into the better neighborhoods, steal what they want, then head back into their side.

Originally Posted By: Miller88

Wow! Wouldn't expect that in Washington! I could see the southern portion of California.

We don't have that too bad up here in CNY. We have our bad sections of the city, they work their way into the better neighborhoods, steal what they want, then head back into their side.

I think he meant USA in general, not WA state in particular. I haven't heard of it happening here with any frequency. In fact most criminals avoid homes with armed occupants. But anyway I'm sure some crooks have tried to hit known gun owner's homes - when they aren't home!

I like the door sticker my friend has on his front door. I has a picture of a revolver pointing at the reader.

Some do, Some don't Some will, You won't"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back