Another nutcase with a gun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Duffman77

Not necessarily morally superior but they have something that the vast majority don’t. They passed the screening, they completed the training and they took the oath. It's not perfect but its something.

A 21 year Las Vegas police lieutenant killed his family and himself just a couple of weeks ago.

Two police officers, in two different incidents, where killed when they were going over 100mph on city streets without their lights on and caused traffic collisions with civilians.
One of the civilians was arrested as at fault, and held for weeks until the truth finally came out.

Before that, a State trooper killed several people on the highway when he slammed into their car at well over 100mph.

The chief prosecutor for drug crimes was found and arrested for....possession of drugs and an unregistered firearm....

I put little faith in arbitrary screenings and training.

So since screening and training cant with a 100% success rate predict the future it has no value?

I honestly don’t know why in this day and age why every police cruiser and every Law Enforcement Officer doesn’t wear a body cam. The technology is mature and very cost effective now. Couple this with stiff penalties for turning the equipment off we could significantly reduce corruption and abuse in police forces.

Originally Posted By: Duffman77
So since screening and training cant with a 100% success rate predict the future it has no value?

I honestly don’t know why in this day and age why every police cruiser and every Law Enforcement Officer doesn’t wear a body cam. The technology is mature and very cost effective now. Couple this with stiff penalties for turning the equipment off we could significantly reduce corruption and abuse in police forces.

01.gif

The cop that beat up my nephew while he was handcuffed and compliant got fired.

An Administrative Law Judge upheld the firing.

He would have gotten off scot-free if he had not lunged and swung at two other police officers that tried to remove him from his victim.

Police officers do not often testify against their own willingly. Fortunately the two professional law enforcement officers decided that they did not want to work with a guy that beats handcuffed prisoners and attacks fellow police officers. Body cam would have made certain it happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back