which gas station gives you highest mpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the cars that use premium gas, Ive found shell v-power to be quite good.

Conoco seems to be a good choice as well.

There have been queries on this before, do a search and youll find well-established threads with useful info!

JMH

7-11 branded petrol gives me the best mileage around here. Sourced from Petro Canada.

Worst is the stuff sold at Wal-Mart, and the ethanol blends sold at various other places.

When driving in the USA, Sinclair always seemed to work the best.

I have not found any particular fuel better than the other. I buy the cheapest no name brand or Mobil 93 octane and fine the same 24-26 MPG in my WRX. The difference is more due to use of AC and weather ie rain = less mileage.

Phillips 66/Conoco does the best for me both MPG and performance wise.

I would say Shamrock after that. BP works pretty decent as well.

I've never had much luck with Chevron MPG wise. The last tank I burned of it did quite well though.

quote:

Originally posted by westex39:
Chevron.

here on the west coast, chevron used to be the best (btu wise). according to my performance tuner, he states that this is no longer the case. 76 gas is the best you can get out here.

mf150,
"76 gas is the best you can get out here." Are you sure about that? Based on what? Seems anything with ethanol in it would start out with a disadvantage, as ethanol only has about 2/3 the energy of gasoline.
I notice 76 is a 'Top Tier' supplier, though....

I don't think it makes a real big difference one way or the other, but that's just my opinion.

FWIW, I usually gas up with Costco 92 octane even for my Civic which doesn't require it. Then again, I also (quite recently started to) use MMO in my fuel, about 6 ounces per tankful. The addition of MMO may lower the octane somewhat so I do have a margin.

I still get about 40 MPG with "county road" driving.

Citgo 89 octane in my region gives very good mpg. Also, Phillips 66 93 octane, and Shell V-power are probably best premium grades I've tried for mpg.

When I lived in Florida, Chevron was the best mpg. But since moving to NC, the Chevron station just south of me across the border in SC (closest) has terrible mpg. I think the turnover is slow for that particular station.

Marathon Premium in my 98 Maxima (With MMO added
of course) (Marathon has no ethanol added) Gives
better fuel mileage than V-Power by 1/2 MPG
averaged over 6 tankfuls of each for comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back