G-Oil 5W/30 - 5132 Miles - 2005 Toyota Sienna

Status
Not open for further replies.

e40

Here is the initial sample from my '05 Sienna with the 3MZFE. Purolator classic filter.

The fill that was analyzed was a 5 quart Walmart jug with the low profile green racecar on it. The fill prior to that was the same stuff, and before that was QS Defy.

Refilled will another jug of the 'green race car' label G-oil and a Purolator PureOne. Also installed a new air filter. (Mann)

I have 3 more of those jugs before I get to my newer ones which are shaped differently, I think the label is different on them?

I commented to Blackstone that I had just returned from driving in a snow storm, and the salty snow was melting fast in the heated garage as I caught the sample.

05Sienna-UOA.jpg

I am running G-Oil 5w30 and a Pure One oil filter also. I am glad to see your report shows well as I am following the same basic oil change interval as you. Thanks

It appears the new G-Oil formula is for real. Calcium looks huge. TBN has several thousand miles in it yet.

I do not think either G-Oil or QS Defy use sodium in the addpack. It seems as though you have small amount of both sodium and potassium. Maybe something to watch.

Last edited:
Nice! I run G-Oil in my CTS-V. It stopped the 3/4-1/2 quart burn I was getting during 5000 miles with PU and M1. I try to get as many others as I can to use this oil.

Thanks for the report, I have used Goil in the past, but was leary about pushing it past 5k because of the low TBN. I am eager to try the new formula, but alas it's available only in 1qt bottles while the 5 qt jugs on the shelves are still the old formula.

loving the new formulation

going to be putting around 10k extra on the car per year ( around 10k now ) free oil going to be great!

Looks good and you could extend the OCI a lot further. It's really odd to see folks changing oil after only 5K miles as I live in Germany and I don't know one person changing oil in less than 15K km. Most folks here change oil at around 20K km, as that is a very common recommended figure.

Originally Posted By: 08sienna
should I start to buy GETG stocks (product looks promising) or not? (high cost low margin?)

Ask them first what plans they have to sell at local outlets? It's no longer available at Walmart.

Originally Posted By: TurboJim
Originally Posted By: 08sienna
should I start to buy GETG stocks (product looks promising) or not? (high cost low margin?)

Ask them first what plans they have to sell at local outlets? It's no longer available at Walmart.

just got back from walmart at lunch and saw quite a few g-oil products.

Originally Posted By: cptbarkey
just got back from walmart at lunch and saw quite a few g-oil products.

Many stores have returned their stock of 5W-30. It is no longer listed on Walmart's website as being available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back