Student returns to school after talking about HK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just another example of the brain dead people in charge of schools. And there are people that actually wonder why our country is in the state it is....

I love how it took almost 2 hours to agree to....child comes back and her record is cleared. Duh, what else is there to do?

John

I saw the letters HK in the title of the thread, and I thought; "What does that stand for, Hunter-Killer?" Then I looked at the article and saw that HK stands for Hello Kitty, and it was a 5-year-old girl. Why can't people distinguish childish playfulness from danger anymore?

Last edited:
I first thought the HK meant the German firearm maker Heckler & Koch at least that might've made a little bit of sense and be a lot scarier than Hello Kitty.

What is the current climate going to do to our children in the long term? I mean does this kind of attitude protect them or does it create what we are all trying to avoid? I played with toy guns as a child. I played video games and watched action films. I have never had any desire to harm anyone in anyway but I had fun playing cops and robbers with my buddies.

I think we need to educate our children from a reasonable young age as to the danger and power of weapons. That at once removes the mystery and mystique. My father took me shooting when I was five and gave me a long lecture about the dangers of guns and why you must respect the power they have because it can be dangerous. How many kids that have gotten their hands on an adult’s gun and killed themselves or their friends or family members would never had touched it if they knew what this forbidden item was and what it was capable of doing if improperly used.

We as adults are supposed to be the rational example from which are children learn. Instead we are so afraid we are confiscating toys…

My phone won't open the link,but am I interpreting this correctly that a kid got in trouble for talking about Hello Kitty?? Seriously??

Originally Posted By: apwillard1986
What is the current climate going to do to our children in the long term? I mean does this kind of attitude protect them or does it create what we are all trying to avoid? I played with toy guns as a child. I played video games and watched action films. I have never had any desire to harm anyone in anyway but I had fun playing cops and robbers with my buddies.

I think we need to educate our children from a reasonable young age as to the danger and power of weapons. That at once removes the mystery and mystique. My father took me shooting when I was five and gave me a long lecture about the dangers of guns and why you must respect the power they have because it can be dangerous. How many kids that have gotten their hands on an adult’s gun and killed themselves or their friends or family members would never had touched it if they knew what this forbidden item was and what it was capable of doing if improperly used.

We as adults are supposed to be the rational example from which are children learn. Instead we are so afraid we are confiscating toys…

Government types are doing everything they can to isolate children from ANY possible form of danger or consequence, and then expects these same people to magically transform into reasonable, responsible adults on their 18th birthday.

Totally insane.

"A 5-year-old kindergarten student at Mount Carmel Area Elementary School was scheduled to return to classes this morning after an agreement was reached Wednesday afternoon between her attorney and school district officials involving her suspension earlier this month for allegedly telling two classmates that she was going to shoot them and herself with a pink Hello Kitty Bubbles Gun."

Guess kids don't play "army" and "war" like we did growing up or they suddenly become future killers? Good lord,where is this country headed! We'd play stuff like that all the time. It was awesome being able to actually enjoy childhood and be a kid. Ahh the good ol 70s
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Guess kids don't play "army" and "war" like we did growing up or they suddenly become future killers? Good lord,where is this country headed! We'd play stuff like that all the time. It was awesome being able to actually enjoy childhood and be a kid. Ahh the good ol 70s
smile.gif

My 7 year old has been reprimanded at school for "shooting" another kid with his finger....

Brutal. Absolutely brutal.
I'm glad it only took 1:45 for something that should have been figured out in 5 seconds or less. Or had never been an issue in the first place.

Way to go humanity, way to make me lose faith in you yet again.

Having been shot by a bubble gun before, I can tell you this is no joke. It stings...really...really badly if it gets in your eye.

Originally Posted By: Cujobob
Having been shot by a bubble gun before, I can tell you this is no joke. It stings...really...really badly if it gets in your eye.

laugh.gif

Scoff if you must but if someone’s kid had gone home with a red eye there would have been lawsuits flying around all over the place. The headlines would read “Child shot in eye at School, Parents will sue!”

Another sad indication of our times is our litigious nature as a nation.

Originally Posted By: Cujobob

So, since it causes you pain, and causes you to apprehend violence (without necessarily making physical contact), thereby meeting the definition of assault, this child's object would be an assault weapon...

Last edited:
This was just put on the "assault weapons" list for banning.

bubble_gun.jpg

I can believe it.
A couple of years ago, my kid saw an old rubber band gun on a garage sale. When I say old, it looks like it is 30 years old. Anyway, he had to have it. Basically, it's just a stick with two clothes pins glued to the top of it. It doesn't even look like a gun. ANYWAY, last year he put it in his book bag (without telling us) and took it to school. One of the female teachers saw it and went ballistic, not because it could put an eye out, but because it was a GUN! The teacher then told another teacher and both of them tried to have my kid expelled. After school, both of the teachers cornered my kid during track practice and again were screaming at him (in front of all the other kids) and were saying that he did a serious offense. He had to see the principal who just told my son that what he did was serious and told him not to bring it to school again. He was trying hard to keep a straight face.
Yet, this is the same school that had my other son construct items that would have appeared during WWII. These items were then put on display to show everybody what would have appeared during WWII combat. My other son had to make a gas mask, BTW. Another kid made a paper mache rifle and had to make it look as realistic as possible. The more realistice it looked, the better the grade that they received.
Anybody (besides me) see a conflict of interest here?

Originally Posted By: QuOk
"A 5-year-old kindergarten student at Mount Carmel Area Elementary School was scheduled to return to classes this morning after an agreement was reached Wednesday afternoon between her attorney and school district officials involving her suspension earlier this month for allegedly telling two classmates that she was going to shoot them and herself with a pink Hello Kitty Bubbles Gun."

That's it, those idiots need to be shot. Not with a bubble gun either. So arrest me, I said it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back